1.    #1  
    After upgrading to Web OS 1.4.0 my Pre bluetooth no longer goes through the car. It shows that it's connected to the car, but doesn't allow me to pick up the call using the I Drive. It also shows that it wants to connect. Anyone have similar issues with bluetooth? Solutions?
    only solution now is to revert to 1.3.5.1 firmware

no fix as of yet

(search..there is a long post on BMWs and 1.4 update)

I am affected as well on my 528i
    You could also trade in for a new BMW--seems to work in 2010s.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    We're having a similar problem on a 2006 BMW M Roadster. Worked fine with 1.3.5.1.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    2006 M roadster, took it to dealership and every phone they used paired fine except my Pre. When you connect it the car just doesnt know what to do. It hangs there, and although is technically "connected", it's a mess when a call comes through. Rings through the car but nothing comes up on screen. Cant answer call through car. Must answer on phone, then when you do answer it shows on the screen "speed dialing ___" then the number that called. It connects but only goes through the phone not the car speakers. Total mess. BMW said I need to talk to carrier as it's not the car.
    The new update does not work with BMW's apparently. Worked fine before update. I have a 2007 525i and the phone says connected, the car see's the phone and is listed in the PROFILE but no functionality. This is not good. I love you Palm can we get a fix on Bluetooth capability for Bimmer owners?
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Seems to be with 2008 and later models it is working fine
    There is a large post on the palm support forums

Last I've read, they had BMW owners from the bay area bring their vehicles in so that they could try to isolate the cause of the problem. No idea when a fix will be made available. Palm is not doing a good job of letting customers know about when a solution will be made available.
    So how does one go about reverting back to the 1.3.5.1 firmware? Mine doesn't work with my 550i either...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    WebOs 1.4.1 fixes the BMW bluetooth problem!
    my 2k10 5 series pairs for calls, but lost my phone book access, any ideas??
    Larry