Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I have noticed that no one has mentioned this, but the device info on the pre says it now supports OPP, or the Obex Push Profile that a lot of people have been wanting since day one.

I cant seem to get my laptop to see OPP, But it does show activesync as an option (this might of been there) and I have a windows XP machine with crappy bluetooth drivers. if you go to Device info then scroll down and hit more info, you will see a line that says "Supported Bluetooth profiles."

Can anyone get this to work? It would be great if I could be in one room at my computer and put music on my pre while its charging in the next room.
    I am trying to send a PDF from my Macbook to my Pre using bluetooth and it says that the phone does not have the necessary services. So I don't think Pre supports Obex yet.
    Both an XP PC and a Mac G4 can pair with the Pre but are greyed out in the menu of available BTs, although OPP is mentioned as one of the Pre's available BT profiles. The XP machine lists activesync (configuration not active), hotsync, NAP and headset GW, whereas the Mac proposes a private network as options. As I'm not very knowledgeable regarding BT I refrained from testing.
    I think the OPP is there to allow transfer of contact details to car kits etc., not full file transfer (yet)
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    I'm down with OPP, you know me !!! LOL.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    I'm down with OPP, you know me !!! LOL.
    Yea you know me...hahaha
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    still dosn't help. My car radio will not be recognized to send the contacts too
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Car Kits use the PAB profile, but you might be on to something cause I believe the did add the ability to backup your contacts manually. Man, 1.4 is great, but it just leaves me wanting more. I wish I could get nightly builds...
    Quote Originally Posted by S4Rs View Post
    Car Kits use the PAB profile, but you might be on to something cause I believe the did add the ability to backup your contacts manually. Man, 1.4 is great, but it just leaves me wanting more. I wish I could get nightly builds...
    Actually 1.4.1 now lists PBAP in supported profiles as well. Mine shows:

HFP/HSP,A2DP,PBAP,PAN,AVRCP,OPP
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    seriously, that would rock. Palm bring us nerds nightly builds!!
    Global Posts
    909 Global Posts
    I... need.... OBEX!

There must be an easier way to transfer photos to my laptop with out wires...
    It is possible to set up an SFTP server on your Pre, make a network connecting with PAN over bluetooth, and login with an SFTP client on your Mac/PC. Then you can push (and pull) files over that network. Last time I tried it, the connection didn't last long, but it does work. You can find out how to do this on the webosinternals wiki. I'm too lazy to look up the link for you.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    That's a great work around. But just having Palm give us OBEX on our phones would be much better. I personally am not gonna go through all the hassle of setting up a SFTP server, I'll just plug my usb cord in for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasqid View Post
    I... need.... OBEX!

There must be an easier way to transfer photos to my laptop with out wires...
    ssh
    : (){:|:&};:
    the admin. didn't cherry pick intel- they FALSIFIED it (yellowcake in Iraq).

That's partly why there have been calls for impeachment.
    I wish I could get nightly builds...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    seriously, that would rock. Palm bring us nerds nightly builds!!
    You two are nuts. When would we sleep?