Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    When I bought this hard case today I thought it was going to be identical to Sprint's, but there is one major difference: back cover has a hole where you put the touchstone instead of an indentation! So the touchstone makes direct contact with the phone. This is a huge improvement to Sprint's version. I tried it on the touchstone already and it's a perfect fit. This detail, in my opinion, makes it superior to the Seido hard cover also.
    The only negative is that the usb cover is almost impossible to open with the case on. At work I don't have a touchstone so i'll need to use a small knife or something to pry it open. I also wish the back was more rubbery instead of smooth plastic so I can have a better grip.
    The bulk makes it about as big as (or slightly smaller) than a blackberry, so I don't mind.
    Like the original version, both pieces snap onto each other, not the phone, and there is a built-in track that allows the phone to slide up and down. It's only slightly harder to slide the phone up and down, but I can still easily do it with one hand.
    Overall I'm satisfied with my purchase. Verizon sells it for $25 retail.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    will it work with a sprint pre?
    thats awesome! just ordered 2 touchstones, this looks like a good case!
    Quote Originally Posted by enzie5454 View Post
    will it work with a sprint pre?
    i cant say for sure, but i dont see any reason why it wouldnt.
    sort of looks like half the back is not protected,whats the point if case protection is what you are looking for. No problems with my touchstone and seido case,none what's so ever.and,the whole thing is protected.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    sort of looks like half the back is not protected,whats the point if case protection is what you are looking for. No problems with my touchstone and seido case,none what's so ever.and,the whole thing is protected.
    This is FANTASTIC for people who use the touchstone in their cars. Also who cares about protecting a small portion of the back when those can be replaced cheaply if they get damaged.
    small portion would be one thing,,but that's a large portion.i guess you would need every advantage because the touchstone was not made for the car.even says somewhere in directions,,not for use in car.
    I cut mine to work with my touchstone in my car. I'm sure to order this one though. I wonder if they got the idea from me>
    Is it me or is the camera and speaker on the back cover reversed in the pic.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    "sort of looks like half the back is not protected,whats the point if case protection is what you are looking for. No problems with my touchstone and seido case,none what's so ever.and,the whole thing is protected."

RE:
    I guess if the phone drops on the ground the exposed back won't make contact with the ground because the case's thickness won't allow it to.
    Same case i have for my palm pre on sprint
    here is the link
    Sprint Palm Pre Phone Covers
    back not exposed but it still works with touch stone
    I got this cover when I bought my phone from Verizon. The USB door gets easier to open. I was using a nail clipper file at first to open it with the case on. Now it come off with no effort really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    Is it me or is the camera and speaker on the back cover reversed in the pic.
    def reversed lol
    well the PALM on the back of the phone is backwards to if you didn't notice that
    Here is a link to the item. Accessory Details

Now I dont have to buy a dremel tool.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan9102 View Post
    well the PALM on the back of the phone is backwards to if you didn't notice that
    I did notice that too. It's like they took a picture of it through a mirror.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    I did notice that too. It's like they took a picture of it through a mirror.
    the picture was taken from the iSight camera in my mac. I guess it has a mirror effect.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post

LoL! Would you say the front of the phone is not protected either then?

Point is that it won't hit the ground, unless their is a rock that gets between the groove where it's open. Really all these cases need to do is have a strong ring around the edges that project the phones from reaching the ground and protecting the corners...
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Obviously, this is a step in the right direction as far as touchstone compatible cases for the Pre. However, I don't like the chrome or the pink options. I think a solid black would be the look the best.
    1st Time Palm Owner
    Palm Pre Plus on Verizon
    has anyone seen the pink version of this in person? i saw one at the store yesterday but it was the one with the cut out (now its an indentation) and it was a disgusting barbie color. i'm worried the chrome will make the phone look cheaper but i guess the pink won't help much either..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast