1.    #1  
    Can the Pre run a decent set of studio quality headphones providing that I use a 3.5 to 2.5 adapter? If so, could somebody point me toward a decent set? I'll be carrying these to class so I would like to find something that is somewhat portable. Do they make ones that are self amplified so the battery drain isn't as drastic?
    That's a damn good question. Did you ever find anything to answer your question? Now I'm interested in finding out also. That's a really good point you made at the end about self amplifying. Perhaps a good idea to have something like that incorporated in the next gen Palm Pre
    Not sure about the amplification thing, but you don't need an adapter, the Pre does use the standard 3.5mm headphone jack, at least the ones in the U.S. do!
    Do you care how sealed the sound is? Grado SR-80s produce the best sound out of any of the pairs I have. The Sony mdr-v6 are fairly comfortable and lightweight, and are much more "library friendly". Both of these can be driven by the headphone jack just fine.
    It may be a little late. But I reccomend the Ultimate Ears headphones. They are really good quality in ear headphones with noise isolation. I can't reccomend you a model because it depends on your price range from 30 bucks to 400 :-)
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    You can use any model headphone you find via bluetooth with the Samsung Modus 3500. I actually like just wearing the Samsung headset even tho it's mono at work, its like your regular one ear headsets you use for phone calls. I can leave my phone on my desk or have it in my purse. It has an adapter that you can use & a clip to clip it to your shirt to use any headphones you have via bluetooth for better sound quality and still answer calls.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.