1.    #1  
    I JUST WANTED TO SHARE THIS INFO AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE IS DOING THIS AS WELL. I USED TO DO THIS WITH MY CENTRO AND NOW WITH MY PRE. I HAVE AN AFTER MARKET RADIO IN MY CAR, ITS A CLARION WHICH HAS AN AUXILARY INPUT. I USE IT TO LISTEN TO MUSIC FROM MY PHONE AND I DISCOVERD THAT WHEN YOU PLACE A CALL WHILE PLUGGD IN TO THE AUXILARY YOU HEAR IT OUTTA THE SPEAKERS AS WELL BUT THE MIC DOESNT ALWAYS WORK. ONE DAY I FIGURED OUT THAT IF I RESET THE PRE WHILE ITS ALREADY PLUGGED TO THE AUXILARY, THE MIC WORKS EVERY TIME UNTIL YOU UNPLUG THE WIRE. SO NOW WHEN I GET IN THE CAR I JUST PLUG MY PHONE TO THE RADIO, DO A RESET, AND I HAVE A CAR KIT. ITS PRETTY SWEET TO HEAR YOUR CONVO OUTTA THE RADIO SPEAKERS AND THE PERSON ON THE OTHER END HEARS U JUST FINE. SO, IM SURE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE THATS FIGURED THIS OUT AND WOULD IKE TO HEAR FROM U AND HOW U SET UR PHONE UP
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    sounds interesting, i will try that when i get a aux. cable for my car. i just got my pre and love this phone!
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I never tried this with the pre cause every windows mobile phone would automatically shut down the mic when you plug a head set in because it assumes you had a headset or blutooth on with a mic on it. So I just figuered it was the same for most phones.
    you could also get something like this:

iPhone Adapter 3.5mm 4 conductor TRRS Male to 3.5mm Headphone and Microphone Jacks

it splits the microphone out from the jack. then get a microphone you can mount somewhere on your dash or visor similar to what a real bluetooth car kit would do. plug your audio jack into your stereo as youve already described, and you have a very nice car kit without having to do the workaround. especially since it takes quite a while to reboot the phone.

my brother did this exact setup and it works nice. i had to get a parrot kit because my head unit doesnt have an audio in.
    Someone posted in this forum that after the 1.4 update that the mic is back working again when the Pre is plugged into the aux jack of the car stereo.
    this is a known fix to make this work ive been doing it for a while now ! its very kool !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i guess your caps lock is stuck on
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    please stop shouting
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
    knew the trick... i just wish i didnt have to restart phone every time i get in the car, since every time i get off some where i take my pre with me unplugging it and plugging it back and restarting every time u get on and off the car sucks but it works, at least we can do it....and its not bad for long trips.
    is there a patch that can fix this?
    Yeah this was around from the beginning, however the mic stopped working with 1.3.1, but now we think it's been fixed.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

i dont think it has been fixed because i tried yesterday if im not mistaking and it didnt work...unless u restart while plugged like mentioned.
    This is what I did. I have a navi unit (garmin). Using bluetooth, I can call using the speaker phone on the navi. With FM modulation, the sound is transmitted through my radio. I don't have an auxilary jack with my OEM stero. Work's fine. I only wish I could get my Pandora or music files to play through the unit. I don't think it's possible without that auxiliary input.