1.    #1  
    OK, am I being too picky here? I bought a Touchstone kit shortly after I got my Pre, back in June. I noticed last week, that the "a" insert on the back cover in the word "Palm" had fallen out. A few days later, I casually mentioned it to my wife, and took out my Pre to show her what I was talking about, and the "P" was gone as well.

I know that's purely cosmetic, but you know, at $70 (even though I got a $20 discount), I'd expect cosmetics to hold up.

Is this something worth going back to the Sprint store (where I purchased it) over?
    It would not bother me but it would probably bother my sister. When we dine out with her, just for fun we rearrange the salt and pepper shakers so they are not lined up, as soon as she sits back down she lines them up straight again.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    lol

it would bother me too!

good thing i usually keep my palm in its pouch
    So, who picked their phone up off of the charger to see if their letters were intact after reading this post?

**raises hand
    crazy idea here why not just peel the m and l off so it matches its not like it will hinder the usability in any way
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    crazy idea here why not just peel the m and l off so it matches its not like it will hinder the usability in any way
    Actually, I'll probably just leave it as is, but that does do a bit of reality check and tell me I'd probably be acting too picky if I took it back.

I suspect they'd exchange it with no problem, but now that I stop and think about it, do I really want to spend 30 minutes to an hour at the Sprint store over that??

I might just go pull the letters of the original back that I'm not using....

Or, maybe I'll post this in the main forum, and complain about how lame Palm is, and that I'm going to a Droid or iPhone over it...
    I think that final option is CLEARLY the correct one
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Actually, I'll probably just leave it as is, but that does do a bit of reality check and tell me I'd probably be acting too picky if I took it back.

I suspect they'd exchange it with no problem, but now that I stop and think about it, do I really want to spend 30 minutes to an hour at the Sprint store over that??

I might just go pull the letters of the original back that I'm not using....

Or, maybe I'll post this in the main forum, and complain about how lame Palm is, and that I'm going to a Droid or iPhone over it...
    Yeah, another "Palm you broke my heart" farewell speech would be kewl.
    that did not happen to me,but it might have bothered me a bit. No worries now.i have been using the sedio 2 piece case,with the front invisishield,,every part of the phone is protected.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Leave it alone if the p and a fell out you now have the new palm pre lm... Or buy a new back its only $20 sometimes $15 if you catch them on sale or use your premier discount..

I agree it sucks they fell out, I feel the same way about the $30 something dollar leather case I got on release day and the leather is wore off the belt clip and has ruined one of my belts. But you just gotta shrug off the little stuff ya know tear them out or like in my case put black duct tape over the worn out leather
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    buy a new back. i doubt it would happen again.

You are NOT being picky. Would u use a laptop that had the logo fall partly off? Or a car with the badge hanging off? Ridiculous for anyone to say you're being picky or obsessive.

I can assure you any iphone user whose apple fell off would be screaming!! ("Oh no, how will people know I'm cool anymore??") hehe
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  12.    #12  
    Funny follow-up. I went to put my Pre on the Touchstone this evening (forgetting I had pulled the cable to take it to work today), and noticed something interesting. At least we know the letters are metal now...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ...Or, maybe I'll post this in the main forum, and complain about how lame Palm is, and that I'm going to a Droid or iPhone over it...
    Ok... that cracked me up

I'm with you on this one... I'm kinda anal about little stuff like that - especially when I spend good money on an item. If it were just a few bucks, then no problem. I know it is only a cosmetic thing, but it would drive me nuts. Hang on to it and keep your receipt in your car (or wallet) and just stop in a Sprint location next time you are near one.
    Funny follow-up. I went to put my Pre on the Touchstone this evening (forgetting I had pulled the cable to take it to work today), and noticed something interesting. At least we know the letters are metal now...
    I was excited to get my touchstone back because the L (capitalized only for clarity ) had fallen out of my original back after only two months. It was like this:

I found this shiny sliver of metal on the bathroom floor one day and thought "Hmm, that's weird, wonder where that came from." I picked it up and sat it on the counter (you know, in case it was important). A day or two later I looked at the back of my phone and noticed the L was missing. I was like "Hey, my L is missing, that sucks!". Then two brain cells smashed together and jarred me. I went and picked up the sliver of metal from the bathroom sink and what do you know, it really was my missing L. Cool, I thought, and stuck it back on. If I was smart, I would have put some adhesive on it first, because a couple days later it was gone for good.

The moral: Yes, I think it could happen again!
    This is only a problem if your name is not "Pa m".