1.    #1  
    I bought a pair of beats byt dr dre headphones and i can not use the mic or the volume controls. Does anyone have this problem or know why it is happening?
    Not all mic enabled headphones work for some reason. I cannot use my fiance's headphones that she got with her Instinct 2. Sorry.
    i should've seen this earlier.... returning to best buy tom!! Don't waste your money on these guys!
    yeah...i won't be paying that much for that thing anyway
    I have boughg Philips and Senheisser/adidas headphone which both did not work. Basically any headphones designed to work wirh iphone specifically will not work. You need a standard headphones with mic to work. If looking cheap the auria ones work, available at JR for about 20 to 30. They're ok but I had three which broke! Instead I splurged for the Bose mie2 which are a fortune but are awesome and work great. Mic works, play pause, etc. Make sure not to buy MIE2i which is designed for iphone.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I am having a similar problem with mine even though I checked the website 1st Monster ControlTalk Music Phone Compatibility Guide ....false advertising
    Yep, headsets for iPhone doesnt work I also tried some Nokia headsets (WH-701 or WH-205) that doesnt work either. All mentioned in this thread.
    so is there away around this issue should we have to wait for a patch for these to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdetective View Post
    so is there away around this issue should we have to wait for a patch for these to work?
    its a hardware issue... so neither
    Headsets for iPhone SHOULD work, as long as they're the older, single button versions. The newer ones with volume buttons will not work though.

As an example to show the difference, the Etymotic hf2 that I have works great, but the hf3 would not work. You can see below the button difference, (though the microphone hole on the hf2 is a little misleading).

hf2:

hf3:
    Last edited by jhoff80; 12/25/2010 at 11:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by theattack View Post
    I have boughg Philips and Senheisser/adidas headphone which both did not work. Basically any headphones designed to work wirh iphone specifically will not work. You need a standard headphones with mic to work. If looking cheap the auria ones work, available at JR for about 20 to 30. They're ok but I had three which broke! Instead I splurged for the Bose mie2 which are a fortune but are awesome and work great. Mic works, play pause, etc. Make sure not to buy MIE2i which is designed for iphone.
    This post saved me a lot of frustration. I had the MIE2i in my hand at best buy and I checked the forums. Went with the MIE2 and couldn't be happier. I have a large ear canal which most headphones fall out of but because of the way these are set up they never fall out.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I just got a pair of Nox headphones for Xmas and I was pretty surprised at how good they are. I guess they are a new company, but they sound great and even though they are in ear buds, I sometimes forget they're there, they are so comfy. The nice thing is that they work with most of my devices (phone, comp, xbox)

anyway, hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruptlon View Post
    This post saved me a lot of frustration. I had the MIE2i in my hand at best buy and I checked the forums. Went with the MIE2 and couldn't be happier. I have a large ear canal which most headphones fall out of but because of the way these are set up they never fall out.
    Are these particular headsets still available because I too have a large ear canal and cannot find in ear headsets that stay in my ear....very frustrating. These look like they may very well do the job. Do you know if they're still availabe?? I can't seem to find them....