Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    As I posted in the official v1.4 Issues thread, I've noticed that outputting audio via A2DP (to a BB Stereo Gateway device) that is streamed into the Pre with v1.4 doesn't work reliably. As soon as I take one of the three elements out of the equation I get the expected behavior. If I do all three, something bad is bound to happen.

With Pandora (and A2DP on v1.4) the app appears to hang at song transitions.
    With RadioTime (and A2DP on v1.4) the station cuts out after a while; or begins skipping. Either way the experience is quite annoying.
    With the Web Browser (streaming SomaFM: Listener Supported, Commercial Free Internet Radio 's Groove Salad --either 2.5G or EVDO/WiFi streams; and of course A2DP on v1.4) the stream cuts out a few seconds into listening.

EDIT: it works great again now with webOS 2.1
    Last edited by mauro1; 04/15/2011 at 11:54 AM. Reason: reporting success with updated webOS version.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I seem to be having a similar issue. Here is my situation: I fired up Slacker Radio with Bluetooth on (using Moto S305 headphones) and wifi on (active connection). This worked for a short time and then slacker became unresponsive. I then switched to Pandora - wouldn't load song - unresponsive. I finally tried the stock music player and that wouldn't work either. I had to reset the phone in order to play music from any source.

I then turned Wifi off and didn't seem to have any problems using bluetooth headphones. So I am guessing that there is an issue with Bluetooth and Wifi being used at the same time.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    A bit more info. I grabbed an old wireless access point I had laying around and configured it as a wide-open access point, only MAC filtering and paired the Pre to that ESSID. Lo and behold that I get steady streaming. I'm suspecting that WPA is the critical component. I have seen grumblings in other Linux forums with woes around WPA, so it might be possible.

EDIT: Scratch that. It does it (but not as frequently) on an open WiFi. GRRRR this is annoying.
    Last edited by mauro1; 03/02/2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Scratch that
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    I've been using accuradio and although it will eventually pause like it's queuing up the next song and never does, it always did that with me. Before and after the update it always did that to me. I haven't seen any difference so far except that now I cannot pause the song in accuradio. The paus button lights up when hit but it never pauses. I haven't tried pandora yet.
    Same issue for me. Cannot stream stereo over bluetooth after update to 1.4 on PIxi. Also on my car stereo, bluetooth no longer picks up incoming calls..only outgoing calls. PALM YOU BLEEP BLEEP BLEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to have to go back to ANDROID, WHICH may not be as elegant, but at LEAST IT WORKS
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro1 View Post
    EDIT: Scratch that. It does it (but not as frequently) on an open WiFi. GRRRR this is annoying.
    I try Pandora at work and at home, both on WEP (yeah, yeah, I know - weak security). Anyway, I can't get Pandora to go for more than a few seconds at work. Slacker seems blocked by my network. Both work flawlessly at home.

I agree, though, that the combination of WiFi, encryption, and streaming seems to be too much for the Pre, possibly with buffering across limited bandwidth.

Also, think Palm can just implement OBEX push so I can send photos to my Dell Wasabi printer??!! My wife's BB and Mac can do it! ARGH!
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    Try deleting the Blue Tooth from the Palm and re-pairing the two. Streaming works now even though the Palm showed the Blue Tooth as connected earlier.
    turning off the wifi definitely helped with music playback on Pandora - plays much better over the EVDO. but still choppy at times and will actually disconnect my BT connection - any suggestions? Although this may be a bluetooth issue, since it seems that even just with the music player it cuts off my headset.
    Last edited by Thegrayling; 03/16/2010 at 11:45 AM.
    I have issues with my motorola T505 and S9HD, S9HD will unpair itself at random, and my T505 will at times just not play audio ill have the ability to play and pause the track and switch tracks but no sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by B18DelSolT View Post
    I have issues with my motorola T505 and S9HD, S9HD will unpair itself at random, and my T505 will at times just not play audio ill have the ability to play and pause the track and switch tracks but no sound.
    I've occasionally had the T505 issue where it's connected but no audio comes through, I think it's a T505 thing because it did it a lot with my Treo. I actually thought for a while that the issue had gone away when I switched to the Pre, but eventually it did happen again so I'm thinking yeah, it's the T505. Never owned the S9s so can't comment on that one.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I get the streaming cutout over wifi when listening with a stereo bluetooth 2.1 headset, it does not do it with bluetooth 2.0. I think this is a bluetooth 2.1 issue.
    Kind of funny, been listening music on Pandora over my BT Altec Lansing Backbeat 903's now for a couple of hours, hardly a hiccup, no complaints here. Tried Radiotime, not usable, would not work, cut out many times so I stopped using it (just downloaded it again today).
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Interesting. I have the BBT 903's (2.1 bluetooth stereo headset) and an itec clip radio (bluetooth 2.0 headset), both of them use CSR drivers. I have no problem listening to radiotime over wifi with the bluetooth 2.0 stereo headset, but when I use the 2.1 bt stereo headset radio time will cutout over wifi within the first minute. I'll have to test Pandora, but I think I had the same issue with Pandora several months ago.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Pandora works now, but Radio Time does will not last longer than 30 seconds.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    You folks realize that developers have no control over bluetooth implementation, right? The only thing that we have control over is the play/pause/stop button on a bluetooth or wired headset (called key service). Other than that, the SDK doesn't contain any bluetooth audio code meaning that the problems people are experiencing are strictly WebOS related, not application specific. I personally use the RadioTime app without issue over bluetooth with a Jabra BT3030 (the dog tag headset) for hours on end. Do any of you have any patches installed? Power management for instance?

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    no patches. The fact that I have the Altec Lansing BBT903 and so did the other guy with the Radio Time disconnect symptom, suggests the problem may be with the BBT903 headset. Like I said in my previous post, Radio Time works fine with my stereo BT 2.0 headset.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    You folks realize that developers have no control over bluetooth implementation, right? The only thing that we have control over is the play/pause/stop button on a bluetooth or wired headset (called key service). Other than that, the SDK doesn't contain any bluetooth audio code meaning that the problems people are experiencing are strictly WebOS related, not application specific.
    Doc, yes I realize that after I tailed the messages file on the Pre and saw the audiod complaining.

root@palm-webos-device:/var/home/root# tail -f /var/log/messages | grep -E 'audio|error'
    2010-04-18T14:03:27.698883Z [52079] palm-webos-device user.notice audiod: _closeSink: sink 4-media closing after a delay
    2010-04-18T14:03:33.498504Z [52085] palm-webos-device user.notice audiod: _pulseStatus: sink 4-media opened (stream 44)
    2010-04-18T14:03:36.504150Z [52088] palm-webos-device user.notice audiod: _pulseStatus: sink 4-media closed (stream 44)
    2010-04-18T14:03:36.707672Z [52088] palm-webos-device user.notice audiod: _closeSink: sink 4-media closing after a delay
    2010-04-18T14:03:40.506958Z [52092] palm-webos-device user.notice audiod: _pulseStatus: sink 4-media opened (stream 44)
    2010-04-18T14:03:54.519317Z [52106] palm-webos-device user.notice audiod: _pulseStatus: sink 4-media closed (stream 44)
    2010-04-18T14:03:54.728485Z [52106] palm-webos-device user.notice audiod: _closeSink: sink 4-media closing after a delay
    The only power-related patches are "quiet powerd messages", the 800 MHz overclock and the CPUScalerUber patch to control the MHz/Scaling. Cycling through the several scale/no-scale/set-speed settings does not seem to influence the behavior. Not quite sure what else one can do as a simple user. :shrug:
    I was able to solve the problem using dd-wrt firmware on my router and enabling Bluetooth Coexistence Mode under wireless, advanced!!
    Bluetooth output would allow us to play local games together, and maybe cross platform with iPod touches.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    sounds like all of you have hardware issues and not the Pre, I have not had one issue connecting to my bluetooth capable deck (Eclispe 7200MKII) wether it be streaming music with Pandora, radio time, Music player remix, ect.... nor do I have any telephone connection issues, also it auto connects every time I start my vehicle....like they sa, you pay for what you get $800 deck= almost forgot, i'm overclocked @ 800Mhz perhaps that's you issue....?nah, ha!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast