Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have tried streaming WLAN to BT audio with RadioTime and DrPodder and basically it does not even have to be streaming - any prolonged WLAN activity will kill the A2DP link.

I have two different BT A2DP devices, and it is also not related to WLAN security. I suspect wireless interference between WLAN and BT causes the link to fail - both radios use the same 2.4 GHz band. I believe there are some remedies (workarounds?) for this; maybe these have not been implemented on the Pre.

As soon as I turn off WLAN and stream through UMTS, the BT A2DP works fine. Also, it works perfectly over WLAN when turning off BT and using a wired headset.

I really hope Palm can address this in an upcoming webOS release.

Max
    I think it's definitely a WiFi problem, although some of you might have a BT issue with your particular A2DP device.

Reason being is that WiFi connections haven't worked well on 1.4.x Pres, whether when BT is being used or otherwise. I have seen my Pre take my WiFi router down to 1Mbps (and all other WiFi clients suffer, too), even when in close proximity to the WiFi router.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    It's definitely webOS 1.4.1.1 .. .1.1.1.1 Whatever. Anyways, my solution is just to swipe away the app, and reopen it. But I'm sure this will be fixed in the near future with an update. Hopefully!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I have had 3G or WiFi, GPS, A2DP, all going at once on 1.4.1.1 (Sprint) and have not seen any hardware related issues. I can say that Pandora and LostFM do sometimes have hiccups on advancing to new tracks, but Radio Hibiki charges through without fail. So I think this has to do with the apps and how they handle the streaming.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Coming back to update my own thread. I didn't even bother on 1.4.5 (just forgot about it actually) on with webOS 2.1 I can now stream music into the Pre2 and pipe output to a BT sync (blackberry music gateway). Nothing has changed on my setup. The WLAN is still WPA2/Personal, the BT sync is the same. The hardware and webOS versions did change though. Sprint FrankenPre2 with webOS2.1.0.

I guess the title of the thread is still valid "webOS v1.4, Bluetooth output, Internet streaming. Pick two. " I *UN*pick webOS v1.4 :-)

Added bonus!!! I can now connect the music profile and the headset profile to two different BT devices!!!
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12