Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    the problem is evertime i answer a call while the pre is on the touchstone in my car it automatically goes to speakerphone even though it is connected to bluetooth.

ive got everything setup like i want. i bought the xcarlink bluetooth/sd card/usb setup to connect to my factory radio and i got a proclip vehicle mount to mount the touchstone on.

does anyone know if there is a way that i can change this or can someone possibly make a patch for it?
    Answering a call from the charging dock
    Do either of the following to answer a call while the phone is on the charging dock:

■To keep charging the phone and use the speakerphone feature, tap Answer.
    ■To stop charging the phone and carry on a private conversation, lift the phone from the dock and hold it to your ear.
    Did you know? You can switch between handset and speakerphone mode at any point in the conversation. Simply replace the phone on the dock to go from handset mode to speakerphone mode, or lift the phone off the dock to go from speakerphone mode to handset mode.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilthePilot View Post
    Answering a call from the charging dock
    Do either of the following to answer a call while the phone is on the charging dock:

■To keep charging the phone and use the speakerphone feature, tap Answer.
    ■To stop charging the phone and carry on a private conversation, lift the phone from the dock and hold it to your ear.
    Did you know? You can switch between handset and speakerphone mode at any point in the conversation. Simply replace the phone on the dock to go from handset mode to speakerphone mode, or lift the phone off the dock to go from speakerphone mode to handset mode.

yea um thanks for responding but how about the next time you try to answer a question you read the "WHOLE" question before answering!

i want to be able to answer the phone while on the touchstone "IN MY CAR" and have it goto bluetooth and not speakerphone!

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djprelude View Post
    yea um thanks for responding but how about the next time you try to answer a question you read the "WHOLE" question before answering!

i want to be able to answer the phone while on the touchstone "IN MY CAR" and have it goto bluetooth and not speakerphone!

Thanks!
    Works for me on my Bimmer if I answer from the controls in the steering wheel. If I answer through the "answer" button on the Pre I'd get speaker phone. I'd wager that if you'd hit the "answer" button in your BT device you'd get the behavior you're seeking.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    +1 on the previous post.

When I hit the "Answer" button on my car stereo, the call goes through the car stereo, but if I answer the call directly from my Pre, the call goes through the Pre.

This also happens on my Bluetooth headset BTW.
    works for me that way. If I do it wrong I hit the speaker button in the dialer and choose BT and it switches just fine.

And op, don't be an *** when someone tries to help and doesn't give you the answer you're looking for. Seriously, you come off like a ****** with the SARCASM.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    yea thats the problem im having my bluetooth i integrated into my factory radio doesnt have an answer button so i have to do it from the phone then select bluetooth from the bottom right.

oh well guess ill just have to keep switchin it over

p.s. crogs571 ill be an *** whenever i want to. especially when someone isnt smart enough to read the whole question before they try to answer it. so go be someone elses mom
    you're the one that wants help... you want to be a jerk don't be surprised when people aren't inclined to help down the road.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Is there a pushbutton on the microphone of your xcarlink box? I don't have one, but that's where the answer button is on some of their units according to their web site.....
    Actually I was giving you a copy of the instructions for the phone from the palm web site showing you the limitations of the device since Ive noticed a lot of people on this board dont read the instructions from the website or on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by djprelude View Post
    yea thats the problem im having my bluetooth i integrated into my factory radio doesnt have an answer button so i have to do it from the phone then select bluetooth from the bottom right.

oh well guess ill just have to keep switchin it over

p.s. crogs571 ill be an *** whenever i want to. especially when someone isnt smart enough to read the whole question before they try to answer it. so go be someone elses mom
    Wow OP. I was about to give you some advice but ill be an *** and pass.