1.    #1  
    I have a touchstone mounted in my Corolla, and ever since I put it in I have had a problem where switching on my high-beams or hitting the breaks would cause my Pre to momentarily think it was disconnected from the Touchstone.

That doesn't sound like a big deal, but when you're driving home from work at 2 in the morning and the Pre on your dashboard suddenly lights up for no reason, it's annoying.

It never had any meaningful effect on the charging as it would re-recognize that it was on the touchstone within 1-3 seconds, but it was a pain.

I just got home from work, and the screen didn't turn itself back on a single time for the whole drive, except when I pulled it off the touchstone to test it. I went so far as flicking my high-beams on and off while pumping the breaks and rolling up my electric windows, and it never lost connection.
    That could mean that palm fixed the problem where some people's phones get fully charged and then start going into that charge flapping scenario kind of like what you describe. Hopefully they raised the tolerance to have it ignore quick voltage drops.

Thanks for the info.
    Came here to post the same - seems that Pre on the touchstone is much less sensitive to voltage/current drops. Now I can save the $35 for a voltage stabilizing circuit in my car Drove all the way home w/o any charging flip-flops or resets. Usually brakes, rpm dips, lights would trigger a flip-flop

Maybe Change the title to a "TS-in-Car fixed? update or something?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Nice to hear that Palm can fix an accessory with a OS update.
    Quote Originally Posted by loumatrix View Post
    Nice to hear that Palm can fix an accessory with a OS update.
    Well apparently it was a Pre problem not a t/s problem..

Or it could be another Toyota Problem.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

It didnt fix the Touchstone, it fixed how the Pre reacts to erratic voltage.

But the bigger picture is why would they do this? If you use the Touchstone for its intended use, plugged up to an AC power source, then you wont have these issues. The Touchstone isnt a device intended for the vehicle. I conclude that they have an official Touchstone car kit on the way, and this problem arose during testing. I hope that I am right!!
    it could be they just made it more energy efficient so small drops in voltage don't matter anymore? Hahaha who knows....
    Before 1.4 I was using charging alert patch. I think I only heard charging alert when put my pre on ts in my car today.
    Interesting. I wonder if this was really a bug, or they just decided to add it as a feature since people were using the touchstone in ways they hadn't anticipated.
    My Pre would make that noise when I accelerated from 40 mph to 60 mph, not any longer.
    what car charger are all of you using? The Palm car charger rated for 1amp?
    Hmmm, I had my touchstone in my car one day. It was raining and I had my rear wiper on. Eveytime the wiper engaged my ts acted like that...i wonder if that stopped? I'll have to check it out...
    Quote Originally Posted by madmike1029 View Post
    what car charger are all of you using? The Palm car charger rated for 1amp?
    Yes, I am using the Palm Car charger. Works well with my Touchstone setup.

Quote Originally Posted by callderek View Post
    Hmmm, I had my touchstone in my car one day. It was raining and I had my rear wiper on. Eveytime the wiper engaged my ts acted like that...i wonder if that stopped? I'll have to check it out...
    Yes, they fixed how webOS reacts to voltage changes.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Yes, I am using the Palm Car charger. Works well with my Touchstone setup.
    Same here. Worked well before, works perfectly now.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Maybe, enough Palm engineers have installed the the touchstone in their own car and were just so annoyed by it that they fixed it?

I much prefer this conclusion though:
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    ... I conclude that they have an official Touchstone car kit on the way, and this problem arose during testing. I hope that I am right!!
    I hope you're right too
    My car charger that has the Sprint logo no longer reacts to the charger since the 1.4 update. It used to come on nearly every time I plugged it in. I got it off ebay, and I recall reading long ago that certain "Sprint" chargers didnt always work....