1.    #1  
    I did a little searching and didn't find any other posts recommending this, so sorry if it's already been mentioned.

When you get your Pre (maybe with the Pixi, too) don't be in a rush to peel off the factory plastic over the screen.

Peel it back just enough to carefully snip off the protruding tab at the top.

That tab gets stuck on just about everything and will keep peeling the plastic back until eventually the whole thing falls off or has so much lint under it you'll take it off yourself.

I've had mine on like this for over a week and it's just fine.

Probably not a great long-term screen protector, but should be enough to get you by while you order real screen protectors and then figure out when you can put your device down for 12-24 hours to do the install (that's what I'm doing... got the Skinomi screen only but 12 hours is a long, long time).
    yup I am also using this. It does scratch easily with the swipes and pocket slipping. But it's a good transition protector
    Quote Originally Posted by surfingjerry View Post
    I did a little searching and didn't find any other posts recommending this, so sorry if it's already been mentioned.

When you get your Pre (maybe with the Pixi, too) don't be in a rush to peel off the factory plastic over the screen.

Peel it back just enough to carefully snip off the protruding tab at the top.

That tab gets stuck on just about everything and will keep peeling the plastic back until eventually the whole thing falls off or has so much lint under it you'll take it off yourself.

I've had mine on like this for over a week and it's just fine.

Probably not a great long-term screen protector, but should be enough to get you by while you order real screen protectors and then figure out when you can put your device down for 12-24 hours to do the install (that's what I'm doing... got the Skinomi screen only but 12 hours is a long, long time).
    That's exactly what I did, just put the skinomi screen on before you go to bed, after drying over night you'll be good to go. Just remember to leave your phone off. I put my Skinomi on in September and it still looks great. The 12hrs is just a guideline, 8 hrs is fine.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation