1.    #1  
    Hey does anyone know if there is a GOOD screen protector that does not require spray solution?
    If you don't mind my asking...why are you so opposed to using a solution to apply the screen protector?

I have the Zagg invisibleSHIELD and it's by far the best screen protector I've ever used.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    If you don't mind my asking...why are you so opposed to using a solution to apply the screen protector?

I have the Zagg invisibleSHIELD and it's by far the best screen protector I've ever used.
    Well, it seems to me anytime i've used a protector with a solution, it makes the screen all distorted. And I haven't had good experiences with the THREE invisible shields i've bought for my old iPhone. The little flaps slide off and the corners bunch up. Not to mention they are a pain to apply.
    Gotcha.

I agree 100% that they're a pain to apply...and I too was having some issues with the edges/corners bunching up. I ended up buying the RocketFish case (Rocketfish™ Mobile - Snap-On Holster for Palm Pre Mobile Phones - Black - RF-WR496) to hide the edges. Personally, I think it turned out pretty nice.

I purchased the full-body coverage invisibleSHIELD and put the RocketFish case over top of it.

I've heard some decent things about a few other screen protectors, but I can't remember the names of them off the top of my head.
  5.    #5  
    Gotcha.

I agree 100% that they're a pain to apply...and I too was having some issues with the edges/corners bunching up. I ended up buying the RocketFish case (Rocketfish™ Mobile - Snap-On Holster for Palm Pre Mobile Phones - Black - RF-WR496) to hide the edges. Personally, I think it turned out pretty nice.

I purchased the full-body coverage invisibleSHIELD and put the RocketFish case over top of it.

I've heard some decent things about a few other screen protectors, but I can't remember the names of them off the top of my head.

Cool! That case is something to consider. But how easy is it to snap on and off? Because I use the touchstone and would have to take it off every night.
    Gotcha.

One of them is the Skinomi Tech Skin. I've been using it with great satisfaction.
    It's easy to apply and looks and feels good.
    Palm Pre (Screen Only) Screen Protector
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    One of them is the Skinomi Tech Skin. I've been using it with great satisfaction.
    It's easy to apply and looks and feels good.
    Palm Pre (Screen Only) Screen Protector
    Ya. This is the one I am considering. Though it does require solution. I guess thats ok, cause it does look promising.
    Not exactly what you're asking, but I use the standard pda type screen protectors and cut them down to size. They are thick, install flawless and require no solution to apply nicely. I don't worry about the rest of the phone. They are universal and could be found at any wal-mart or best buy, comes with multiple sheets too so you would have plenty for later.
    Quote Originally Posted by prefectionist View Post
    Well, it seems to me anytime i've used a protector with a solution, it makes the screen all distorted. And I haven't had good experiences with the THREE invisible shields i've bought for my old iPhone. The little flaps slide off and the corners bunch up. Not to mention they are a pain to apply.
    Best Buy installs them for 7 bucks, and if they screw up installing it, they eat it and get another one to install. Well worth the 7 dollars.
    Cool! That case is something to consider. But how easy is it to snap on and off? Because I use the touchstone and would have to take it off every night.
    It's a pain in the ****...honestly. I dread anytime I have to remove the battery...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Best Buy installs them for 7 bucks, and if they screw up installing it, they eat it and get another one to install. Well worth the 7 dollars.
    Ya I have heard this before. Sounds good, but the problem isn't exactly installing them, its the fact that the flaps slide off and the corners bunch up after awhile(not even awhile)
    I agree that Skinomi Tech Skin is the easiest to apply and is smooth ( not sticky, Tacky ) when you slide your finger across the screen. ( I know it uses liquid but its easy to apply) I had the Zagg invisible SHIELD first and it was a bad design. I am not sure why they put the tabs on the corners because they just start peeling away within a couple of months. The Zagg was also tacky to the touch and to expensive. After using the Skinomi on my Pre I bought one for my daughters Ipod touch and it was also easy to apply.
  13.    #13  
    It's a pain in the ****...honestly. I dread anytime I have to remove the battery...
    Oh....Thanks! Thats that.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    I agree that Skinomi Tech Skin is the easiest to apply and is smooth ( not sticky, Tacky ) when you slide your finger across the screen. ( I know it uses liquid but its easy to apply) I had the Zagg invisible SHIELD first and it was a bad design. I am not sure why they put the tabs on the corners because they just start peeling away within a couple of months. The Zagg was also tacky to the touch and to expensive. After using the Skinomi on my Pre I bought one for my daughters Ipod touch and it was also easy to apply.
    This is exactly what I am saying: the tackiness, the tabs falling off....... I think I am gonna go with the skinomi and just deal with the spray solution. I'll just trust that it won't distort the screen. Hey what does everyone think of, phantomskinz? bodyguardz?
    This is exactly what I am saying: the tackiness, the tabs falling off....... I think I am gonna go with the skinomi and just deal with the spray solution. I'll just trust that it won't distort the screen. Hey what does everyone think of, phantomskinz? bodyguardz?
    The spray solution is waterlike any only requires to be dried overnight.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    SKINOMI is great. Pay s/h and get another one free for backup....been using mine for like 4 months now with little wear.
  17.    #17  
    Ok everyone I'm going to try skinomi. Thanks for all your help
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I used phantomskins and love it. The directions say to use warm water and a little soap but I just used water and it's fine.
    My naked pre has no scratches . Every time I think I see a scratch it wipes off. I used to waste money on those things and I am glad I stopped. Besides I think the pressure it takes to remove bubbles negatively impacts the screen. Phantom touches all over, calling numbers on it's own.
    I ordered a pair of Seidio Ultimate Screen Guards for $13. No solution required. I'll have to see how they work out once they arrive.