1.    #1  
    Hey everyone! I was wondering if the front invisible shield is any good. I mean only in terms of making the screen look weird. We all know the Pre's screen graphics are wonderful so I have had used invisible shield before for my iPhone and I have seen a picture somewhere online of it on a Pre and from what I know, it distorts the screen and it makes it look like crap. So the questions are, does it look make the screen look like crap?, is it the best there is?(cause it doesn't seem like there are many screen protectors for the pre).
    Been using this product on my Pre now for over 8 months now with no problems, no distortion. The only drawbacks that some people don't like is the light orange peel finish and also, it takes a good 4 days to fully dry out and lose the rubbery feel to the touch.
    I highly recommend the Skinomi Tech skin. I've had mine for going on 6 months and it still looks great. No distortion and provides great protection and a natural feel. You can read about it here. Palm Pre (Screen Only) Screen Protector
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I had an invisible shield on my Pre for a few months. After a while the small flaps that wrap around the sides and give it a custom fit begin to come loose and start to look bad. As far as distorting the display, there was minimal distortion and for the most part everything looked pretty good. The main exception to this was if I had on sunglasses, then it was very difficult to see the screen at certain angles. I don't know exactly why this was but maybe something to do with the UV blocking ability of the glasses? I don't really know. But after I had to take the shield off to exchange my Pre I saw the clairity of the screen again and decided not to but it back on. But now I do have an annoying scratch in the middle of my screen. So if you can make any sence out of this post, hope it helps.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 51fordcustom View Post
    I had an invisible shield on my Pre for a few months. After a while the small flaps that wrap around the sides and give it a custom fit begin to come loose and start to look bad. As far as distorting the display, there was minimal distortion and for the most part everything looked pretty good. The main exception to this was if I had on sunglasses, then it was very difficult to see the screen at certain angles. I don't know exactly why this was but maybe something to do with the UV blocking ability of the glasses? I don't really know. But after I had to take the shield off to exchange my Pre I saw the clairity of the screen again and decided not to but it back on. But now I do have an annoying scratch in the middle of my screen. So if you can make any sence out of this post, hope it helps.
    Ya, I hate how those cheap flaps come off all the time.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I highly recommend the Skinomi Tech skin. I've had mine for going on 6 months and it still looks great. No distortion and provides great protection and a natural feel. You can read about it here. Palm Pre (Screen Only) Screen Protector
    I'm looking at this one, is it real firm or is it more floppy like the invisible shield?
  7.    #7  
    Hey does anyone know if there is a GOOD screen protector that does not require spray solution.
    I had mine on for 4 months and finally ripped it off one day. The edges get really worn off and start to peel off. I liked it otherwise though. It didnt distort the screen images at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by prefectionist View Post
    I'm looking at this one, is it real firm or is it more floppy like the invisible shield?
    It's not stiff if that's what you mean. It's has two layers and is very resilient. From what I understand it's the same material they use to protect helicopter blades. I've never handled the invisible shield, so I'm not sure how they compare.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  10.    #10  
    Ok guys i'm not going with invisible shield because of my past experiences and the little flaps that fall off. I am still considering others, especially skinomi. Maybe some that don't use the spray solution. Thanks for all your help.