1.    #1  
    i have tried searching the forums with no success. i have a macbook running on the latest edition of snow leopard. the pre recognizes the macbook, and the macbook pairs with the pre as well. the macbook is telling me it is connected to the pre, with a green light, but the bluetooth icon on the mac is three dashes across the shadowed bluetooth icon. this is all while the green light is telling me i am connected. i can not send files to the pre via bluetooth exchange. i also can not play audio from the pre to the macbook. is there something i am missing? any help would be great. thanks
    donator to fine products like webOSquickinstall, preware, various apps, and a few themes. thanks to all for your hard work on the pre that i have no idea how to do!!!
    Thanks for starting this thread. I am stumped by the Bluetooth on my Pre. I'd like to be able to send photos between the Pre and the MacBook, like I could on my Treo, but not sure what to do to make this work. I'm also on the latest Snow Leopard. Any help would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by animemom; 02/26/2010 at 09:05 PM.
    --------------------

Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm V >
    Palm VII > Treo 755p > Palm Pre!

... and they're all still floating around
    my house somewhere, too...

--------------------
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Unfortunately from everything I've read, OBEX (the bluetooth protocol needed to exchange files like pictures, etc.) is not supported on the pre, at least not yet. It's the same story with android phones and the iphone. A bit ridiculous if you ask me, since 8 dollar phones seem to have no problems with this feature.
    what is the deal with this, kinda defeats the point of the touchstone. When I put my pixi on the touchstone it should automatically sync with my computer via bluetooth or wifi, shouldn't be to difficult -ancient active sync had no problems.
    Nuts! I don't suppose anyone has played around with 1.4 enough to see if we can use Bluetooth to sync to our laptops?
    --------------------

Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm V >
    Palm VII > Treo 755p > Palm Pre!

... and they're all still floating around
    my house somewhere, too...

--------------------
    Pre & Mac exchanges via BT - I tried that too... to no avail, sigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    Unfortunately from everything I've read, OBEX (the bluetooth protocol needed to exchange files like pictures, etc.) is not supported on the pre, at least not yet. It's the same story with android phones and the iphone. A bit ridiculous if you ask me, since 8 dollar phones seem to have no problems with this feature.
    OBEX is indeed missing and the A2DP implementation seems poor. I cant connect to my stereo bluetooth headset, nor to my handsfree in the car, and only one mono-headset works.

OBEX is a pretty serious omission: every Nokia phone I have ever held has this; most Sony Ericssons too. And all the LG and Samsung smart phones. Even my old Treo and Palm TX have OBEX ...