Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello,
    I am considering buying Seidio Innocell 2600mAh Extended Battery for Palm Pre. I was hoping for some input from you guys. Has anyone had any issues with it? any suggestions?

So far all the reviews that I have read have been positive and I am definitely leaning towards spending a little extra money for it.

Thanks for the input.
    i would just recommend either picking up a centro battery off ebay for around 10 bucks to use as a spare or going to sprint finding a nice rep and asking for a spare battery i had a nice one who slipped it to me when i went to get a replacement pre
    I have the Seidio 2600 and I love it. Even with heavy, heavy daily use (streaming Pandora for hours, surfing, email, constantly texting, 30 mins-1hr daily on the phone), I've only gotten the battery down to about 30-40% or so. I always leave the Wifi and GPS on (just because I can hehe). To me, its a huge plus to know that I don't ever have to worry about the battery going dead.

The main disadvantages are that this thing is going to make your Pre quite a chunker. I know that Seidio says its only a 5 mm increase in size or something like that, but it is NOTICEABLY thicker. It still fits in my jeans pocket, but it definitely pops out a little bit. Also, because of the shape of the camera opening on the Seidio back panel, using the flash will result in an odd washout of your photos. If you just turn the flash off, the camera works fine. I almost never use the camera (or the flash), so it's of little consequence to me. Finally, the backcase that Seidio provides is not compatible with Touchstone.
    I have had one for about two months. You get an average of 150% more charge compared to the standard stack battery. the back feels somewhat rubberized which helps the durability of your pre if you don't use a case. The only draws backs are the size and not being able to find a case that isn't the size of 1986 Sony walkman, the yellow ones. Besides that, no issues for me. I would recommend buying one.
    i ordered one from ebay for $51.
    I can't wait. Now I have to take my charger to work with me.
    I'm a heavy heavy duty user.

I plan on fully taking advantage of all things that the pre has to offer and cant do that with this joke of a battery that came with it.

what type of user was this battery made for?
    The woman in the "mom commercial"?
    I had written a review of this battery with some pretty pics some time back... check it out!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ther-case.html

I am still absolutely happy with this battery, and to top it off, Seidio customer support is top notch!
    Last edited by MannyZ28; 02/22/2010 at 12:26 PM.
    Theres a nice thread on this in the accessories section.

Yeh it makes the phone a bit bigger but i like the battery door, has a sure-grip type feeling instead of the glossy slippery standard stock door.

I bout it in august, worked super, last almost 2 days without a re-charge. Then it went out on me(wouldnt hold a charge) in October. With slight haggle(because i didnt buy it directly from seidio) they sent me a new one(didnt even have to send bad one back) out in about a week or so.

Then about 2 weeks later there was the issue of the camera not giving a good shot in bad lighting, becuase of the holes on the back of the battery door. So another hassle where they wanted me to send proof of purchase and stuff EVEN THO they just sent me a new battery 2 weeks prior),but in a few days they sent me the new battery door and taking pics works great again.

But then last week it went out again. I requested an RMA 2 days ago,should hear back any minute now, because im like 2 days inside of their 180 warranty repair (and it started from the orig purchase not the replacement they sent me).

So in short it works GREAT while it works, just doesnt seem to hold up over long term
    Quote Originally Posted by livinofframen View Post
    I have the Seidio 2600 and I love it. Even with heavy, heavy daily use (streaming Pandora for hours, surfing, email, constantly texting, 30 mins-1hr daily on the phone), I've only gotten the battery down to about 30-40% or so. I always leave the Wifi and GPS on (just because I can hehe). To me, its a huge plus to know that I don't ever have to worry about the battery going dead.

The main disadvantages are that this thing is going to make your Pre quite a chunker. I know that Seidio says its only a 5 mm increase in size or something like that, but it is NOTICEABLY thicker. It still fits in my jeans pocket, but it definitely pops out a little bit. Also, because of the shape of the camera opening on the Seidio back panel, using the flash will result in an odd washout of your photos. If you just turn the flash off, the camera works fine. I almost never use the camera (or the flash), so it's of little consequence to me. Finally, the backcase that Seidio provides is not compatible with Touchstone.
    The part about the camera is NO LONGER true. Seidio fixed that issue and is sending out the new back covers to anyone that has the old one still. Read the review thread I posted above, there's lots of info in there about that.

Contact Seidio if you still have the old cover, I am SURE they will take care of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    Theres a nice thread on this in the accessories section.

I bout it in august, worked super, last almost 2 days without a re-charge. Then it went out on me(wouldnt hold a charge) in October. With slight haggle(because i didnt buy it directly from seidio) they sent me a new one(didnt even have to send bad one back) out in about a week or so. But then last week it went out again. I requested an RMA 2 days ago,should hear back any minute now, because im like 2 days inside of their 180 warranty repair (and it started from the orig purchase not the replacement they sent me).

So in short it works GREAT while it works, just doesnt seem to hold up over long term
    I got my battery in August, and mine still works as well as it did when I first got it, maybe they had a bad batch?
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    The part about the camera is NO LONGER true. Seidio fixed that issue and is sending out the new back covers to anyone that has the old one still. Read the review thread I posted above, there's lots of info in there about that.

Contact Seidio if you still have the old cover, I am SURE they will take care of you.
    Does that cover works with touchstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by iverieli View Post
    Does that cover works with touchstone?
    No it doesn't but some people were successful in modding the supplied cover to work with the touchstone. Have a look in the Accessories forum.
    No it doesn't but some people were successful in modding the supplied cover to work with the touchstone. Have a look in the Accessories forum.
    Thanks a lot. I will look.
    I have the Seido 2600 but don't use it that much since 1.3.5.1 corrected my battery life issues. It goes on the phone when I know I'm going to be away for a while, takes 2-3 days of hard usage for me to drain it. Worth the money if you can deal with the size difference, which is approximately 2x the thickness of the original phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatti20 View Post
    I have the Seido 2600 but don't use it that much since 1.3.5.1 corrected my battery life issues. It goes on the phone when I know I'm going to be away for a while, takes 2-3 days of hard usage for me to drain it. Worth the money if you can deal with the size difference, which is approximately 2x the thickness of the original phone.
    3 days of hard usage? I'd like to hear your definition of hard usage? I play those 3d games we have been blessed with, been reading entire books on the Pre, have Weather dashboard checking weather info every 15 mins, have newsroom tell me when there's a new story on PreCentral, text a lot, do a lot of surfing and play a lot of those other little games, oh and yeah, I do use it as a phone too. The battery is great, but with my usage I usually land up with around 30% left at the end of the day.

Also, what you say about the thickness is a bit misleading. The phone itself is not about 2 x as big with that battery, but the battery itself is about twice as big as the original battery.
    Thanks Manny for the photos, especially having the CD/game cases there. I'm getting one this week and was concerned about the thickness, but from the photos it looks a little shorter than a game case and I picked up one of those in my hand and it doesn't feel bad to me at all. Especially compared to have more than double the battery life, since I listen to my music a lot.
    I bought a 2600 last fall around Thanksgiving. I think it's great. I'm not a heavy user but I have my moments. The battery will last at least four days for me. It is a little thicker. It puffs out my pocket a little more. But overall I think it's well worth it. Especially if you use it for work, travel or are a heavy user. I would reccomend it.

I had not heard about that. Thanks for filling me in, I appreciate it!
    Quote Originally Posted by livinofframen View Post
    I had not heard about that. Thanks for filling me in, I appreciate it!
    Not a problem!
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    so you folks think its worth the 64 dollars for sure? and its just a little bit bulky?
    how long does it normally take to arrive, I'm in georgia usa?

is there any place else I can get it quicker and cheaper?

thx for the feed back.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I got mine a few months ago and have been able to go a full day without charging with what I would consider moderate use. I actually like the slightly larger case. I got mine for about $49 through Amazon with free 2 day shipping. Only thing I have an issue with is not being able to get a hard case to protect the phone. Seidio has not had any in stock for over 2 months
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast