1.    #1  
    This is actually a duplicate of a post I have in WebOS Patches forum. But after 4 days there has not been one response so I'll try here.

I have searched hi and lo and can't find a solution to my problem. I need my Pre to be able to auto answer after 2 rings or 1 ring or even no rings. As long as auto answer can be turned on or off in a menu somewhere. I still can not believe the Pre does not do this. All other phones I have had did. I ride a motorcycle and have a motorola bluetooth hooked into my com system which goes in my helmet. On my past phone, a RAZR, it would auto answer under bluetooth or headset mode and I could hear and talk. The pre works fine, but I have to actually press the answer symbol on the phone. The last thing I want is to be looking anywhere else but the road when riding.
    PLEASE, PLEASE, SOMEBODY, ANYBODY create a patch which will allow an autoanswer mode that can be switched on and off from the phone. I can't be the only person that needs this. In this hands free age how can this function not be there!!! I'll never truly be happy with this phone until auto answer becomes a reality.
    I don't have the skills to write something like this, but I'll add my endorsement to this request. I hadn't actually realized this wasn't an option since my bike's been in the garage since it got too cold to ride, but come springtime, I'm gonna want to be able to use my bluetooth headset while riding too. Anyone with coding skills out there want to take a crack at this?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I concur. Auto-answer, please!

I wish I had the skills to do it...
    Its a great feature. My car deck has the auto answer option I use it with my pre daily. Side note. is there a blue tooth reciever that has this feature for your com system? I know you have probably looked already and I still think auto answer should be on the phone. Just trying to help.
  5.    #5  
    I have not found any other devices with a headset jack output which it has to have to get into my com system on the bike. Seems like such a low cost feature to have but no one seems to put them on anymore. Also the new stuff seems large. The Motorola BT I have is smaller than a pack of cigarettes and fits perfectly in the storage area I have available. I really need the phone to do the auto answering.
    I also am a motorcycle rider. I solved the Palm Pre autoanswer problem by modifying an iPhone hands-free cable. I cut the microphone off and spliced on a female 4pin connector. The iPhone cable has an "answer" button on it. When the phone rings - I push the button. It can also be used to hang up - at the end of the call. You can probably use it just by cutting off the microphone end of the cable - since for bluetooth all you need is the "answer" button.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcycrider View Post
    I also am a motorcycle rider. I solved the Palm Pre autoanswer problem by modifying an iPhone hands-free cable. I cut the microphone off and spliced on a female 4pin connector. The iPhone cable has an "answer" button on it. When the phone rings - I push the button. It can also be used to hang up - at the end of the call. You can probably use it just by cutting off the microphone end of the cable - since for bluetooth all you need is the "answer" button.
    The cable that came with the pre does this. Hit that button to answer and hit it again to hang up.