Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    any updates on the carbon fiber battery door???
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

2.    #42  
    Sorry about the delay guys, my Hard drive went out on my laptop so it took me awhile to get everything back in order.By the way i replaced it with an SSD. well worth the money paid for the upgrade.
    Ok so here are some more pics of my pre battery door. I got some other projects related that i will update as well soon as i finish them. Enjoy.

There you go, let me know what you think.
  3.    #43  
    I was able to clean up the corners better than the previous pictures, just needed to use my heatgun.( didnt have it at the time of the first pics).
    Like i was saying before, its called 3m Di-noc if you want to give it a shot yourself, or if you want to pm me i will set you up with price and shipping info. Someone else has already sent me theirs.When he gets his back i'll have him to do a review on it for you guys.
    sweet post gsx
  5.    #45  
    Here are some pics of some other stuff i have done recently for some co-workers who " just had to have it". These are not as good quality, taken with work phone.But you get the idea of what the possibilities are with this stuff.

6.    #46  
    Oh and by the way, this is over my touchstone back which works just as good as it always had. Only time i've been able to knock it off in my car is when i,m drifting, but it fell off before the Di-noc also.
    looks amazing!! you need to find a factory in China or wherever loll... in the meantime I think I need to PM you for the pricing or you can PM me...
  8.    #48  
    pm me if you want me to do yours
    You obviously have more skill or bravery with the exacto than I. I left the sticker over the palm logo and the speaker grill. I couldn't hear an audible difference from the speaker, but wouldn't mind the palm showing through since the bumpiness of the logo is apparent under the right light angle.
    I bought a foot by foot piece for $10 from dossico on ebay, their site is Pristine Vinyl The prices are a bit cheaper there vs. ebay, but you'd have to fill everything out to see shipping, so who knows?

I also did the eee to learn how to use the stuff since the corners were fewer and less extreme, but I bet anyone could do this just fine without a practice. On the 3m di-noc site, they have a couple videos of them applying it to a car, and you can see how forgiving it is.

As for the touchstone...I agree it still holds it on there just fine, but since the film is slightly slicker than the original rubbery finish, it slides around a little more before locking onto the magnets.

Does this stuff come indifferent colors? I'd love red or blue since we can't get colored touchstone backs. I don't have a spare back to send out but I could pick up. How much time did this take you to do?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I know it also comes in silver/white. It took me about 20 minutes to do the phone.
    any signal issues after this?
    im thinking about doing this and getting ready to order and have some quick questions. do you think 4x8 would be ok or should i get a bigger size? is there any prep work that should be done before applying? also, ill be doing this to a regular pre back, would there be any issues you think?
    Ok...one last request...for anyone who has done this and are using the battery montitor patch, can you run it and see if this increases the temp any? Since the one guy said he can hear his speaker ok, I didn't think it would be much of an issue, but I want to be sure.

*edit* never mind. If they can put those hard cases over the pre w/o any problem, I doubt this would be an issue with overheating.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    So far, everything seems normal, for temp and signal. It has always been a little warm coming off the charger and now seems no worse.

A 4x8 piece would be plenty. Depending on how they cut it, you may be able to do 2 with that much. I think the piece I cut out out was 3x4.25 and I had to trim off a bit all around.
    Looks amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by dfroelich View Post
    So far, everything seems normal, for temp and signal. It has always been a little warm coming off the charger and now seems no worse.

A 4x8 piece would be plenty. Depending on how they cut it, you may be able to do 2 with that much. I think the piece I cut out out was 3x4.25 and I had to trim off a bit all around.
    cool thanks! any prep work before applying?
    Not really. Just pop off the back, clean any dust, make sure you've got an xacto knife (new blade always helps) and a heat gun or hair dryer handy.
    thanks again!

edit: just put in my order. cant wait to get started on this!
    Nice!! I have yards of this same CF fabric left over from overlaying my car's trim. Might think about doing this on my Pre too.

Edit: PM me if anyone is interested in some of my left over CF fabric.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast