Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    So I've had mine on for over 3 months less than 6 can't remember lol.. But over the course of the last month the edges have been peeling away from the phone allowing dust and the clue to gum up and make the edges look like complete ****.

Is this a common with thing with the shields?? I sooo want to take it off but I just know I'll drop it once I do...

TIA

I also use the leather palm case....
    Last edited by helidos; 02/18/2010 at 12:59 PM.
    I've always wondered this about invisible shields. The thought has kept me from getting one in the past. I would be interested to hear back from some people with other experiences.
    I've had mine on for about 6 months and it's doing fine.
    If you bought an Zagg Invisible Shield, you can get a free replacement. On the Pre, mine started coming off as well. I think it is the round corners of the Pre that causes it. My Ipod touch one is still going strong after nearly two years.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Its a great product... but super hard to put on! If you do it right... it will stay on right and wont peel or come off. My friend is having the same problem... peeling off... cant fix it, just have to claim it out and have it replaced with your lifetime warranty ;D
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    If you bought an Zagg Invisible Shield, you can get a free replacement. On the Pre, mine started coming off as well. I think it is the round corners of the Pre that causes it. My Ipod touch one is still going strong after nearly two years.
    Good to know I guess I'll give them a call once it gets to bad to look at...

Yup mine is coming off at the top corners and one of the bottom corners the bottom and flat sides seem fine...

Thanks again guys...
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I use the BodyGuardz and I like it a lot more than the Invisible Shield. Same lifetime replacement but much clearer (no orange peel) and the edges seem to hold up better.

My 2 cents anyway
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    BestBuy will apply your shield on your pre for you and if they mess up they bust out a brand new package and re-do it. And its only 8 bucks!
    I have one on my camera screen (use in field alot) for about year and half, one on my Pre for over 8 months and one on my ipod (hardly ever use it anymore) and all are performing well.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    i have tha same prob . rite around tha usb door i mite jus go back to best buy and let them do it over again . i now why tho mines is over jus a lil to much so i have like barely a inch over hang
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Another reason I never recommend Invisible Shield to any of my customers. They look great at first until you realize that it's so tacky it makes it harder to scroll and slide. After 3-6 months it starts absorbing gunk and dirt and gives the phone a yellow look. Then, the edges start coming up and peeling off. And underneath your Pre is covered in a gummy viscous gunky mess. Gross.
    Sprint Technical Consultant
    BSE Electrical Engineering
    --
    Palm Pre - WebOS 1.4.5 - UberKernal 500/1000 Screenstate
    RIM Blackberry Bold 9650 - OS 5.0.0.975/6.0.0.280
    Quote Originally Posted by postalUT View Post
    Another reason I never recommend Invisible Shield to any of my customers. They look great at first until you realize that it's so tacky it makes it harder to scroll and slide. After 3-6 months it starts absorbing gunk and dirt and gives the phone a yellow look. Then, the edges start coming up and peeling off. And underneath your Pre is covered in a gummy viscous gunky mess. Gross.
    What do you recommend (perhaps in order of preference) instead (and why - if that might help me and others)?
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    i had the Invisible Shield and it only lasted me like for 3 months, i took it off now...my phone is naked! lol

oh and about the lifetime warranty: u have to pay S&H, plus they will charge u the full value of the product until they receive the old one, which ur suppose to send it to them, once they get it, they will suspend the charge.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I had mine on for 6 months and the corners started coming up and getting nasty looking. It was my first go at putting one on and that may have been the issue. I just put my warranty replacement on yesterday and it looks great again. I feel I did a much better job of putting it on this time. The periphery cut is pretty close to being perfect, but I did have some slightly hangover on the top and bottom. I took care of that by carefully trimming the excess with a razor blade.
    Yeah i had my Invisible Shield on since launch day of the pre, and until last week i noticed one of the corners is starting to lose its glue and flaps up at times. i had cut it off with an razor for now but if any others start to come off soon then i will just replace it under warranty. don't want to really do that tho cause it really is a pain in the as* to put on, but i found that if i put that sponge solution in a small spray bottle it does make it about 50% easier to put on.