1.    #1  
    Everytime i tether via bluetooth I get kicked off every so often. Sometimes within seconds of connecting and other times within minutes. Does anyone know what i can do about this. I don't want to have to spend the money for a wifi plug for my computer, but it seems to be my only other option if it's an actual widespread problem. As I am writing this my bluetooth is working fine, but its my 5th time connecting and I finally got at least this far.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    I'm not sure what to tell you other than it works reliably for me using PAN pairing a Ubuntu v9.10 ThinkPad with my Sprint Pre with v1.3.5.1.
    You don't specify what your operating environment is so I have to ask. Is it possible that you might be experiencing the same WiFi/bluetooth "interference". See my thread on this forum about interplay between BT/WiFi and Pandora and how I came to resolve it.
    During the time I did not have a need to BT-tether at the house so I did not get a chance to observe neither success nor failure with my WiFi router. I use the BT-tether feature when I'm out-n-about town, not when I'm stationary at my home/office.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
  3.    #3  
    I'm on windows vista. I'll take a look at your thread real quick.
  4.    #4  
    This issue is only happening when I tether and do nothing else. I think it may be my computer. Is there any freeware programs that can run a personal area network. I'm just using what vista provides.
  5.    #5  
    Oh and another thing. To get my bluetooth even working I have to turn on the bluetooth on my device. Turn on mobile hotspot. From my computer join a personal area network. After it successfully connects. I have to wait for the Auth Error to pop up, hit that button and then my computer will be online within a few seconds. Is this normal for mobile hotspot, because I know I use to have to do this with Mytether and bluetooth?
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    dude, to be honest I know jack diddle squat about Vista --the last time I used a Windows machine it was WinXP -- so I'm not the guy to talk about that. Personally I use Ubuntu for my desktop and use just the PAN daemon (pand) that is built-in to connect (it sets up a point-to-point ,aka ppp connection) and that's it. On the Pre side I don't use MyTether (although I used to do that), nor the mobile hotspot nor anything like that. There's a thread for how to use BT tethering usnig PAN that is for the german v1.3.5.2. Follow those instructions. By the sounds of it, your setup appears to be seriously messed up. I'm curious, do you also need to hop on one foot while tapping your head and rubbing your belly for the tethering to work? *wink* *smile* Good luck on your endeavor.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
  7.    #7  
    haven't tried the hopping thing, but sounds more promising then what I've been doing. I'll check out that thread. Thanks.
    Depending on how comfortable you are at the command line, maybe check out this thread:

forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/191082-tethered-pre-without-any-apps-ssh-scripts.html

A lot of people are tethering over BT that way with much success. You'll have a better understanding of whats going on too. If you're getting the auth error, generally something isn't right in your tethering setup, which is why you may get connected momentarily, but then cut off shortly after.
    Here's the thread again in link form:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...h-scripts.html
  10.    #10  
    thanks. I'll try that.