Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Hey guys

I know for a fact that 3.5mm earphones with mic button will pause and skip tracks on the pre. But does anyone know if a 3-button set (volume up down, plus mic button) like the ones that work with iphones, will work with pre?

this sort of thing

Scosche IDR350md Increased Dynamic Range Earphones - Apple Store (U.S.)

i don't wanna lay down the cash for something if two buttons will be useless, i've already got a great pair of sennheisers, but they don't make any volume adjustable ones.

thanks!
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I have the high-end Apple iPhone in-ear headphones that include the volume controls from when I had my iPhone. They do not control the volume on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    wow - thanks ninja, that's really good to know.

anyone else have any experience just so i know it's not an isolated thing?

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Yea, my wife has a Pixi. We were looking for headphones in Radio Shack and they let us try a pair from apple for the pod. The volume and advance controls didn't work. We bought a pair of Auvio that have a button to answer calls but no volume. One thing I noticed on on my Pre (unlike on the treo) Even with the screen off you can adjust the volume with the side buttons. (On my Treo 700p I had to wake the phone up to adjust the volume.) I have a pair of the Plantronics 903 backbeats that I love. You can advance foward backward adjust volume and pause and mute. They are down to about $59 on newegg with free shipping.
    I've tried the apple 3-button earphones and: center button works, +- dont, the microphone also doesnt work
    As well as Pre headphones' button doesnt work on my macbook
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    damn.

Yeah I know you can use the side buttons, that's what i've been doing (i didn't know theres any other way to change it anyway?) but the thing is, i change vol, put it back in my pocket, it takes like 5 secs for the screen to turn off and by then somehow it's unlocked in my pocket (this is when i'm walking).

I worked out if i face the screen out it doesn't rub against my leg thru the pocket so i'll just keep doing that. a shame, tho.

thanks for all your help guys. Just curious... has anyone tried non-apple ones with volume?