Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It seemed like a luxury at first...and what is the big deal with plugging in a phone?

Yeah, that's what we said when we bought three Pre's on launch day - one each for my wife, my daughter, and me.

After using that first TS, we bought more...and currently have six. Yes, six. We each keep one on our nightstand, my wife and I have one each in our offices, and we keep a spare one on the kitchen counter...which is where folks often drop their Pre when they walk in the house...pulling off whatever one is there.

Until you have one (or two), you cannot imagine how nice it is to just drop your Pre on one...and then later grab it quickly as you walk by.

cheers,
    S
    Got mine free but i would spend the money ina heartbeat! I love it..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    I've got 3, one at work, one in my car, and one at home i share with my wife. My favorite is in the car, its such a handy spot to drop the phone rather then dumping it in the cupholder. But at work its really nice too, since i'm not fumbling with the cords everytime i need to get up from my desk, especially when i'm listening to pandora and can't quite reach the stapler.
    I just bought another one on Amazon (base only, $34) for my travel bag because last week I traveled and forgot my TS charger, grrrrrrrr, you really get spoiled by these things, lol.
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 02/15/2010 at 04:47 PM. Reason: add
    Ok, so I struck out with the Dell Mobility deal (ordered too late, I guess, even with the confirmation), but my dear mother sent me one for my birthday.

So now I'm up to 3 - one on nightstand, one in home office, and one at work. Each with own chord and adapter. Plus I have one chord and car adapter, so I figure one more will be for the car...

My wife doesn't understand.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Yeah, I got screwed over by Dell too! After I placed the order I noticed I had ordered 2 chargers by mistake, so when I used CS to correct my order to 1 charger, it delayed processing my order by 24 hours, by then Dell was out of stock. Having one in your car rocks! I just went to a hardware store and got some heavy duty velcrose, put one strip on the bottom of the charger and one on my center console/dash right next to my steering wheel, simple, works like a charm!
    I bought one, then two days later bought a second.
    Thank me if I helped you.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I have 2, one in my car and one at work. Can't imagine what it would be like without them now.
    +1!

Save some money and get the dual-location package (comes with two touchstones, a touchstone back, and an extra Palm charger).

Definitely weigh the costs of the Touchstone vs an extended battery. I have a Touchstone at work and in my car, the two places where I need to quickly charge and go, but I can almost always get to one of those two chargers. My wife has an extra battery (stock, not extended) because she is on the go in different places for work, which means a touchstone is only good in her car (she has one), not in her office.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I love it, i have one on my desk at work and its so nice to just set it down and then pick up the phone quickly without worrying about the cables. its a great device.
    +1 i did the same thing and glad i did lol , although for some reason last night or this morning my phone started doing the toing toing toing thing and it was very annoying lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    It seemed like a luxury at first...and what is the big deal with plugging in a phone?

Yeah, that's what we said when we bought three Pre's on launch day - one each for my wife, my daughter, and me.

After using that first TS, we bought more...and currently have six. Yes, six. We each keep one on our nightstand, my wife and I have one each in our offices, and we keep a spare one on the kitchen counter...which is where folks often drop their Pre when they walk in the house...pulling off whatever one is there.

Until you have one (or two), you cannot imagine how nice it is to just drop your Pre on one...and then later grab it quickly as you walk by.

cheers,
    S
    While I agree with everything you've said (and I have 3 myself) I am just a bit staggered at the investment there!

On the other hand, I think I know a good birthday present for each of you: a Touchstone and Palm Car Charger (plus a mount of some sort) for your cars!
    Palm history: II, IIIc, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, FrankenPre+, (legit) Pre+ & TouchPad.
    The short answer is ABSOLUTELY!

How awesome is it? It's awesome enough that I'm going to get another one for a different spot across my bedroom . . . one for my nightstand and one for my computer desk.lol
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I love mine. I want one for work and my car but haven't brought myself around to buying them. I have a cable charger at work for my long days.

For my location, car mounting is a tad difficult. I can not use anything that has a heat reactive paste on it (just about every glue imaginable). I also can't use chemical glues (the kind that literally welds 2 pieces of plastic together) because I will void the warranty on the car (this also excludes mechanical mounts since those would require hole drilling).

I have not looked into placing the touchstone under a flat surface of the dashboard hiding it, but not it's effects, from view (the idea just came to me based on another thread where the guy wanted to do it through his desktop).
    I bought my first one a week ago for a car setup....absolutely love it! Will definitely be purchasing at least one more, maybe two... one for work... one for home. Well worth the price!
    I just bought one yester day. Should be here in a day or two. I CANT WAIT!!
    Quote Originally Posted by acaplinger View Post
    While I agree with everything you've said (and I have 3 myself) I am just a bit staggered at the investment there!

On the other hand, I think I know a good birthday present for each of you: a Touchstone and Palm Car Charger (plus a mount of some sort) for your cars!

Well, to be fair, we have fewer per person than you -- 2 each for the 3 Pre's in the family

That said, don't ask me about how many portable chargers we have...or car adapters...or USB cables. That gets scary.
    Agreed... TS a cool addition
    Quote Originally Posted by vizi View Post
    Are most people having the problem of non stop notifications after reaching 100%? It seems pretty wide spread.
    There's a patch for that...
    definitely worth the money in my opinion
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Definitely worth the money, love just being to slap it on the touchstone and walk away, and never have to fiddle with the usb cover on the pre.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast