Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It worths mostly because of the backcover. Its smooth, hard and resistant! Love it
    think of it this way, most people put their car keys in the same spot, and simply place them there everyday. The touchstone allows you to simply place your phone in a certain spot and charge it at the same time. It's value is pretty obvious, unless you like opening the usb door and plugging the cable in.
  3.    #23  
    I went ahead and ordered one. It would pay for itself without having to pop the cord access cover off with my fat fingers. lol
  4.    #24  
    How do you guys use the TS in ur cars? Do you have a phone mount in your car?
    I got mine at Best Buy for like...31.99 with the back cover. Its the best accessory there is..
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I love these TouchStone threads... ;-)

I've got three, home, car, work. Best charging solution for a phone, (or any small device), ...ever.

All electronics should have such a slick way of charging. (IMHO, anyway) ;-)

Palm should figure out a way to include it standard with the Pre. When I show friends,.... "Yeah, that's it., ...it's charging now". They usually just say, "really?!), or, "cool" ;-)

So, yeah, it's worth it. ...again, IMO.
    Most compact phones aren't going to have a good battery so that's why I got two touchstones. I keep one by my bed and one in my car. My Pre is always charged.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    YES YES YES.

Like someone else said, it's worth it just for the cover.

but the touchstone is one of the best things about the pre. i can't imagine not having it. i used to PLUG something in every day? bloody hell!
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    I've got three, home, car, work. Best charging solution for a phone, (or any small device), ...ever.
    +1

I have one at work, at home and in my Jeep, too. I love the touchstone.

If you put one in your car, be sure to use the official Palm car charger. Some of the others don't supply the full voltage needed for the touchstone. I mounted mine to the dash using velcro. Works fine.

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by robbielp539 View Post
    How do you guys use the TS in ur cars? Do you have a phone mount in your car?
    Many, many pictures of what we're all doing are found here:

Palm Pre using a Touchstone mounted in your car? Post your pictures here!

In particular, this one's mine:

Palm Pre using a Touchstone mounted in your car? Post your pictures here! - '95 Avenger
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Will this work with the Bodyglove in place?
    Quote Originally Posted by robbielp539 View Post
    I went ahead and ordered one. It would pay for itself without having to pop the cord access cover off with my fat fingers. lol
    You do know if you slide the Pre open, you can easily slide the cover out from underneath?
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Are most people having the problem of non stop notifications after reaching 100%? It seems pretty wide spread.
    Have had TS in our family since June, never had this problem (5 touchstones)
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vizi View Post
    Are most people having the problem of non stop notifications after reaching 100%? It seems pretty wide spread.
    I've never had it, sorry. Sprint launch day Pre and 3 TouchStones.
    I have one, my wife has one and Im going to put one in my car. Down the road I may get one for my suit case too. Pluging your phone in is work. I set my phone down and its charging pick it up for a minuite set it back down and its charging.
    MY question is, does is charge faster? I end up using USB via my laptop alot and I could leave it on overnight and it won't fully charge. VERY frustrating.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    My experience with the touchstone has been negative. I've had two. One has the problem where it makes the charging sound every few seconds which renders it useless. The second was a replacement from palm for the first. It works if I can perfectly align the magnets to the touchstone base. Also, once it reaches 100%, it makes the charging beep, loses charge and drops to 99%, then charges back to 100%, beeps, repeat etc.

I've seen threads on the forums and I'm not the only one who has this problem. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $its$ $a$ $design$ $flaw$ $in$ $production$.

Definitely not worth the money until the touchstones are reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanpjenkins View Post
    MY question is, does is charge faster? I end up using USB via my laptop alot and I could leave it on overnight and it won't fully charge. VERY frustrating.
    Depends on the output power of your USB port on your computer, for the most part they are alot slower that a wall charger.
    just got one, its definitely worth it.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast