Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    All new Pres&(+) come with screen protectors already on it, with a flap on top so you can peel it off.

How about just cutting the flap off with a scissor and using that screen protector?

It works well for me =) how about you?
    Plus, no bubbles! No additional cost!

Btw, is anyone also using the cover case that comes in the package?
    I use it and thinking about putting in the Pre(+) upside down when I put it in, so the 3.5mm jack isn't left open for dust to attract. Get my drift?
    the default little plastic is no good as a screen protector even you nail can scratch it
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I try not to use my nails and besides, you're suppose to use your fingertips, not nails.
    With the Palm case cover, it's well-protected in my pocket =)
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I used mine for several months but it finally became to scratched up. It worked great for a while though.
    Using the original as well untill the seidio screen protector gets here and using the oem pocket pouch untill my seidio holster gets here.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    leathernuts, have you ever thought about putting the Pre upside down on the pouch? so that the 3.5mm jack isn't exposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trist View Post
    leathernuts, have you ever thought about putting the Pre upside down on the pouch? so that the 3.5mm jack isn't exposed?
    Actually I have and did it for a day, but I was use to it being in the other way, so I went back to that. Besides, I use the Moto H9 HD and and a JB Icon, so I rarely use wired and am not to concerned. But its not a bad idea.
    I figure I spent enough on the Pre that I wouldn't be too cheap to spend another 10 or so dollars to protect it.
    Last edited by tennenho; 02/09/2010 at 07:35 PM. Reason: spelling
    I had some generic Invisibleshield blanks (3 in a Pack) left over that I purchased for my camera screen. I used the orignal plastic screen protector as template to trim the sheet down to fit my Pre.
    I use screengaurdz and the pouch. I don't pay much attention to how i put it in the pouch. i don't think covering the phone jack hole is that critical. I also don't think the plastic that came with the Pre is designed to protect the screen (outside the box). I think you should consider investing more $10 for a good screen protector...my two cents
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    yeah I'm thinking about getting a screen protector later down the road, but I don't want to get the kind with liquid spray bottles and such. No way I'm letting that touch my Pre..

@leathernuts
    which JB icon did you get btw?
    After I broke my first Pre trying to put on a Zagg protector I used the plastic flap on my replacement Pre. Made it 5 months before I had to swap it out with a Siedo protector.
    The original screen protector will only last but so long. I ordered a screen protector the day I got my Pre. I did keep the original in the mean time but after a few weeks you'll have to get the real thing. Nice idea, but step up and show your Pre some love.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I have mine since purchase, Dec. 12, cut off the little top flap and it works great, no need for a 3rd party screen protector yet
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    If you baby your pre you may be able to keep the original protector for a few months but eventually it will get caught on something (pouch or pants) and peel back. Once it peels back its all downhill from there. Why not spend the $5 to $15 and get real protection for your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by johntd View Post
    If you baby your pre you may be able to keep the original protector for a few months but eventually it will get caught on something (pouch or pants) and peel back. Once it peels back its all downhill from there. Why not spend the $5 to $15 and get real protection for your phone.
    Just use the original pouch, when I tried to use an old Ipod (2g) belt pouch, it got peeled off a little from one corner.

It's replaceable, but it may take some time to adhere again since you need to flatten it out, and you'll for certain get bubbles trapped.

But for free, it is fairly good

I'll wait until it falls down to change it.. hehehe
    I like ghost armor. Its not to hard to put on and it doesnt seem to come off. Works great. I've had a few replacement pres and the best part is that you go on the website and just order a replacement screen protector for 5 bucks after your first one. They come in like 2 days. The thing really will keep your phone looking new. My first pre i kept the stock film on it and i droped it in a dinner. The thing slid on the floor and ended up with so many scratches on it. Went right threw the film. Just beware of that.
    Used to "stock" cover for about a day, friend picked up my Pre and peeled it off..
    Used stock leather carrier until dogs got it somehow...
    I just got my seidio screen protectors the other day. So the stock had to go. There is a difference in the material. But I would keep the stock over nothing at all.
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    Nope. I bought the Zagg invisibleShield for both my Pre Plus and Pixi Plus.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast