1.    #1  
    What is the best way to charge a spare battery? Can you just lay a battery on a touchstone and it will charge? Or should I buy a $30 charger?
    Two simple, easy solutions: 1) buy the charger (the battery will not charge on the touchstone by itself), 2) take the current battery out of the phone, and put the replacement in; I keep a spare, charged battery in my wallet, and when I need to, swap it out while on the road. When home, I charge both separately in the phone on the touchstone charger!

Hope this info helps

Quote Originally Posted by smoke93 View Post
    What is the best way to charge a spare battery? Can you just lay a battery on a touchstone and it will charge? Or should I buy a $30 charger?
    Quote Originally Posted by smoke93 View Post
    Can you just lay a battery on a touchstone and it will charge?
    are you kidding if you werent im sorry but cmon show some common sense
    You could purchase a dedicated spare battery charger from precentral.net's store here or one from ebay.
    How long does a charged spare battery hold its charge?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    are you kidding if you werent im sorry but cmon show some common sense
    I'm not trying to get into a flaming war here but do really have that little patience for people who aren't at your level of knowledge? Common sense? Common sense says that the only way that we learn new things is by reading and asking questions. I didn't just jump on to this forum to post stupid questions, I spent time and researched but didn't see anyhting that addressed this issue.

If you contuinue to shoot down people because they ask "stoopid" questions pretty soon they don't visit the board anymore.
    no let me ask you where you would get the idea that you could just lay a battery on a charger that uses inductive charging and charge it because there are children who know that that method wouldnt work
  8.    #8  
    I could throw you a really stupid question and ask you what inductive charging is but I won't because I've done a whole lot of research into how the Touchstone works. So now I know. But that doesn't make the original question stupid and it doesn't make it right for you to insult people.

Not everyone on this board knows what you know. Many, if not most, people come onto this board and others like it to find things out, to get answers. When people like you throw insults out like you did it makes them a lot less likely to ask questions. That might make you feel better but I would guess that the moderators of this board are much more interested in maintaining an open dialog then they are in stroking your ego.

Yes, it was an uninformed question. Yes, I should have understood better what technology the Touchstone uses to charge batteries. Isn't it funny though that two people just answered my question and didn't resort to insults?

I hope the moderators shut this thread down because this line of discussion is getting way off the mark. I can only ask that the next time you reply to someone's question you can stop and consider that maybe they don't know as much as you and are asking uninformed but honest questions.
    Smoke, If you searched and couldn't fine your answer then by all means ask questions, there are helpful folks here.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    no let me ask you where you would get the idea that you could just lay a battery on a charger that uses inductive charging and charge it because there are children who know that that method wouldnt work
    It is possible for someone to make a battery that can be charged via an inductive charger (by inclucing coils in the batter package), as such without knowing the exact design of a product you would not know if that battery could be charged using that method.
    I bought a Seidio battery before I even received my Pre (being a former Centro owner makes one cautious...). It came with a nifty charger with an included USB to Pre cable, as well as the charging brick. The really cool thing is that the brick is two-way. Either it can be plugged into a wall and charge BOTH the spare battery and the Pre (via the cable) or draw power via the cable to the brick, so you can charge the spare via PC or other USB adapter. Nice deal!
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  12.    #12  
    Thanks Nacht, I'll look that one up.