Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I had a palm for several months, but, I kept needing to replace the phone. I got a blackberry curve for several months...but...its just not the pre.

However, I hate the fragility of the pre. I don't care if its thicker...I want the most bulletproof protection available for the pre. And I tried to use a screen protector with my last one...but I have a pretty bad time installing those.

Any suggestions? Thanks guys!
    I bought the Invisible Shield (front) for my Pre. I bought it because I was tired of trying to get the generic screen protector's to work correctly. I bought it at Best Buy at Mall of America and had them install it ($8 extra, but worth it). They had to do it twice because it is tricky to get it perfect. The guy told me they use a shrink wrap machine to get it to work better. Since I had it installed I have been very satisfied with it. It's very easy to keep clean and absolutely no scratches or anything. It also makes one handed opening of the Pre a little easier since it's a little tacky feeling. I highly recommend it. No, I don't work for the company. They also sell a version for front and back. I thought the front was all I needed.
    Last edited by Philman911; 02/06/2010 at 05:20 PM.
    Not sure if this is an option, but the Pixi seems fairly bullet proof from the get go. The back is about the only thing that will ever hit if you drop it, and the front can easily be proteced with a screen cover.

With no moving parts (slider), it feels robust enough to take repeaded drops without any issue. It feels really sturdy for a candy bar style phone.

If you are really stuck on the Pre, then Otter box makes a robust case that looks good and should protect it fairly well.

Good luck.

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by crewcabrob View Post
    Not sure if this is an option, but the Pixi seems fairly bullet proof from the get go. The back is about the only thing that will ever hit if you drop it, and the front can easily be proteced with a screen cover.

With no moving parts (slider), it feels robust enough to take repeaded drops without any issue. It feels really sturdy for a candy bar style phone.

If you are really stuck on the Pre, then Otter box makes a robust case that looks good and should protect it fairly well.

Good luck.

Rob
    The Otter box case looks good but it worries me that it clips ON to the pre. The pre case that Sprint makes clips on to itself and makes the case feel STURDY. I haven't dropped it yet so I don't know how well it protects the Pre but it feels rock solid.
    seideo innocase is coming out with some reinforced tabs on their case for the pre i will try them out when they do but until then i just use the phantom skins they work the best for me and are alot easier to install the the zagg invisi shield i had thats all i know of right now
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    The Sprint hard cover case gives you great protection and stops the oreo effect before it starts. I'm using it with a Boxwave crystal touch screen saver. Dropped it twice, no problems.
    I think starburst and whoever recommended the Otterbox are on to something. Whatever the hell you do, DON'T use a skin alone. Here's the problem with the skinz type covers: they make you think you are protected but how the hell is that syran-wrap going to help your phone when you drop it from 5 feet onto asphalt? It ain't.

Do yourself a favor and get a hard plastic case mentioned above. I can personally vouch that the Body-Glove case has saved my Pre from day-to-day wear and the oreo-effect. They're cheap on ebay.
    I have the Sprint case and like it alot, but if I drop it the case is very lickly to pop off (and has..several times), and of course the screen is not protected at all. I have used the invisable skin on other products (touch screen) before and they work great. I think best net is Sprint case + Invisable Skin

good luck