1.    #1  
    I recently bought the Altec lansing/Plantronics Backbeat 903 stereo headset. I have noticed that at times I will get choppy music playback(Pandora or music player), if the phone is in a pocket. Obviously, if it is in a pocket, it is no more than 5 feet away from the headset.

So why does this happen? If I move the phone and, for example, hold it out in front of me, the problem goes away. I could see LOS issues at a distance, but at <5ft?
    Ive used mine in a holster on my belt with no problems
    It depends if that's 5 feet through air or 5 feet through person. Depending where the antenna is on the headset you may find it makes a difference switching the Pre to your other pocket... I had that issue with my Treo and the Motorola HT820s all the time, I was thrilled when I didn't have it anymore with the Pre.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    sometimes i have the same problem, but if i open slider and close it, its fine for a while.
    Don't really want to open a bew thread, but do I need a patch to enable playing music through the bt?
    hey, at least your pre is working with BT. I cant pair my stereo headset...

My headset works with my Nokia phone and the same thing happens. For once, it's not a pre software issue: I believe this will happens when there are other transmitters nearby. Try standing near a busy road intersection and see what happens when cars pass by/ stop.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedwagon View Post
    I recently bought the Altec lansing/Plantronics Backbeat 903 stereo headset. I have noticed that at times I will get choppy music playback(Pandora or music player), if the phone is in a pocket. Obviously, if it is in a pocket, it is no more than 5 feet away from the headset.

So why does this happen? If I move the phone and, for example, hold it out in front of me, the problem goes away. I could see LOS issues at a distance, but at <5ft?
    I had the same issue when I had the phone in the same pocket with my keys and coins. I've been using it in the other pocket and it's been MUCH better.
    Just got the backbeat 906 BT headphones and they work great with my computer, but can't pair for more than a few seconds to my Pre. If they pair, the Pandora or music player playback is very choppy and drops out- even if I am holding my Pre right in front of my face.
    Also the call quality is really poor and people on the other end can't hear me.

This seems to me that the BT signal from my Pre is crappy - any suggestions on fixes?