Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    wierdest thing I have been noticing lately with Pandora, et al. All of them play fine if the play is over the internal speaker, but as soon as I enable BT the stream is interrupted. By interrupted I mean to say that I have to get back to the phone and 'mees' with it to continue listening. Like preesing play/pause again, etc.

about the only thing I can think is different is that I had a new 'refurb' since this problem began. Anyone have any thoughts what to do next to pinpoint the source of the trouble?

sprint pre with1.3.5.1 installed and a few patches.
    I notice this if I am using Wifi, BT, and Pandora.

There has been some accusations at BT and Wifi cause problems with each other, though most router brands deny this. Though, I'm absolutely sure that's the problem (since the effect is reproducible with one router while not with another).

If you think this might be the problem then you can look up dd-wrt and see if you can flash your router. It has an option which is supposed to fix bluetooth interference, but it's still really nice either way.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    ohhhhhh I completely forgot about the re-flashing of the WRT54GS to apply a much needed update to the Tomato firmware (v.123 to v1.27). Will play around with EVDO/BT/Pandora and see if that makes it more reliable. Thanks alex!

Update: 24-hrs later Pandora/BT over EVDO FTW!
    Last edited by mauro1; 02/05/2010 at 01:55 PM. Reason: update status
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    For anyone finding issues I have been troubleshooting all along and the issue is definitely visible with the combination of streaming over WiFi and outputting over bluetooth, that the player "pauses" itself at odd intervals. Playing a local file over bluetooth does not expose this behavior, nor streaming over WiFi and outputting the sound over the internal speaker; nor for that matter streaming over EVDO/3G and outputting over BT.

Looking at the messages file there are messages that occur when the playback stops so indeed there is some sort of uncaught condition that triggers the stoppage of the playback.

This evening I backleveled my WRT54GS router back to v1.23 from Tomato v1.27 (latest). After 2-hrs of uninterrupted play I'm inclined to say that there's something in the interplay between the webOS v1.3.5.1 and Tomato v1.27 in the presence of streaming and Bluetooth. Given the evidence of solid play subsequent a controlled change; the backleveling of the router firmware.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I'm also having this exact same problem. I also have a WRT55G but I'm not sure what firmware I have ATM but I will play with this and report back.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I have the same problem, using my home wifi router (netgear wndr3300), and some local wifi hotspots. It's not only Pandora. I,ve had the same streaming problem with Slacker, Radiotime, Hibiki, Netstreams, Dr. Podder.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    FWIW, I checked and I'm at the latest firmware for my router. I have an old v2 WRT54G.

Quote Originally Posted by tyea View Post
    I have the same problem, using my home wifi router (netgear wndr3300), and some local wifi hotspots. It's not only Pandora. I,ve had the same streaming problem with Slacker, Radiotime, Hibiki, Netstreams, Dr. Podder.
    Me too. Frustrating to say the least. I should also point out that this only happens with my Motorola s305 headphones and not my Blackberry Audio Gateway.
    I was able to solve the problem using dd-wrt firmware and enabling Bluetooth Coexistence Mode under wireless, advanced!!
    I had the same problem and I also had heavy wifi usage knocking out my ps3's controllers. I actually had my own wireless router and the one included with my uverse service. I set my wireless n router to use the 5 ghz wireless n band (for the computers/laptops) and set AT&T's router to cover the 2.4 ghz band for b&g devices. It worked out quite well. Rarely does the 2.4 ghz band interfere with the bluetooth anymore (likely because there is a lot less data going over it).
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I am just seeing this issue the past few days or so on both of my Pre's (from 10-06-10 on). The strange thing is I can find no direct co-relation as to why this has suddenly started. I have been using Rocketfish BT headphones with both my WiFi only Sprint Pre and activated Verizon Pre+ for a month with no problems. A couple of days ago it began freezing randomly (it "hangs" early or mid-song, it cannot be un-paused) while listening to the Slacker Radio app. I tried Pandora and it does the same thing. I seem to have narrowed it down to a BT problem, it does it on the headphones AND with my Motorola T605 car kit (3G streaming) - but seems OK with the speaker or 3.5mm jack audio. I thought maybe it was the Uber-Kernel update I recently did on the Pre+ but I had not done it on the Sprint Pre and it was still hanging. I tried the F102 Delta Dagger kernel on the Sprint and it still does it. Only thing I haven't tried is a stock kernel but if I have to run the Pre stock for it to work right (and without the benefit of the homebrew scene) I'll be finding a new phone in short order.

Any help would be appreciated as at the moment my Pres are missing one of their most useful functions. Worse comes to worse I'll back my Sprint Pre up and start from scratch with it - something changed at some point because both units were fine last week.