Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I'm talking about the protective cases that goes OVER the phone, as a layer of extra protection. I see that the Seidio Innocase is compatible, but $25 is a lil out of my range for a case. Any other known cases that work with touchstone?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I hear the sprint cases are also compatible with the TS.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    I'm talking about the protective cases that goes OVER the phone, as a layer of extra protection. I see that the Seidio Innocase is compatible, but $25 is a lil out of my range for a case. Any other known cases that work with touchstone?
    I know $25 sounds high but definitely worth it , it also has a nice feel to it, and no ugly holes in the back like some on ebay

Amazon is where i brought mine
    i brought mine from a guy on ebay.us for $6.99 InvisibleSHIELD front and back
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    We bought an innocase and never were able to make it work consistently with the touchstone. We eventually gave and just put and invisibleshield on the front of the phone. Not as secure as the case but at least it works with TS.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boyblueeye View Post
    i brought mine from a guy on ebay.us for $6.99 InvisibleSHIELD front and back
    was it a used seidio, or was it a "copy"
    The invisibleSHIELD is a different product that is essentially a thin film surrounding the foam. It is resistant to scratches, though it will not protect the phone if you drop it like some cases will...

It is definitely worth it to protect the phone from regular wear and tear. For more information, go to their site (Which I can't link because I am too new of a member. It involves Zagg in the name....

If you look there for Palm Pre, they offer full body coverage, as well as just the screen, or even the extended back cover. I wouldn't pay retail, as you can just as easily find it on Ebay or Amazon for less.
    I love my Seidio Innocase, however, in normal use the 4 little prongs/tabs that hold the top cover on last only 1 or 2 months. Frustrating. I have had to have it replaced via WSRMA REQUEST FORM online form three times already! The back cover is never a problem. Why can't the make better tabs for the top cover? Has anyone tried to glue the little tabs on the top of the phone? Would that work, I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    I know $25 sounds high but definitely worth it , it also has a nice feel to it, and no ugly holes in the back like some on ebay

Amazon is where i brought mine
    Quote Originally Posted by aliweb View Post
    I love my Seidio Innocase, however, in normal use the 4 little prongs/tabs that hold the top cover on last only 1 or 2 months. Frustrating. I have had to have it replaced via WSRMA REQUEST FORM online form three times already! The back cover is never a problem. Why can't the make better tabs for the top cover? Has anyone tried to glue the little tabs on the top of the phone? Would that work, I wonder?
    That's funny. I have had the Seidio Innocase on since June and never had the tab problem at all, that is after I got the second one. The first one they sent me the tab was already broken, so I called Seidio and they sent me out one right away, with a little newer design, they said, and have had no problems since. I guess it depends on if you keep taken the top piece off or not.

Plus, I have never had a problem with the touchstone with the seidio innocase. I works perfectly fine for me. I guess some people have good one and some bad.
    I believe Seidio has enhanced the tabs on their Pre innocase. That might not be an issue anymore.

I was hoping to see some new cases but it's been a while since I've seen any new designs.
    My 2nd Innocase tabs have just broken...getting ~ 2-3 months of normal wear before the tabs break. Any other experiences?
    verizon has a hard case that works pretty well. the slider works a bit slower but its worth it because it is touchstone compatible. I also think it is less than your $25 pricepoint corpx.
    Last edited by vzwpreplus2010; 03/13/2010 at 10:21 AM. Reason: spelling
    A month? That's amazing. I've had two in the last week. Each lasted exactly two days. The first had an odd gap and just started falling off. The second slid off my nightstand last night, the tiny clip broke and now the cover won't stay on.

It's going back to Amazon and I won't ask for a replacement this time.
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+
    I am a sprint user but bought a verizon case. Don't think the ts cut out in back is ugly. In fact,ts works better with it seeing that the cut out is in the exact sweet spot. It creates it's own slider,so no oreo is possible, and it this slider really loosings up well after a bit of use.
    Is the Verizon case as ugly as it looks on the site? Pink and Chrome? Neither looks very good.

I have to say though, no matter what, I'll probably be heading to a Verizon store.
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

I guess ugly to you is not ugly to me,,love the way my phone looks.
    Google "AGFindings" and look for their GRT Case for the Palm Pre/Palm Pre Plus

Great case. Works on rails and completely surrounds the phone. Comes with two different backs, one smooth, and one with cutouts for the touchstone. Some of the more popular colors are out of stock (red, chrome, clear) but there are still the blue, black and pearlized pink. The price is a tad steep for a case but when you figure that it totally protects a machine worth $599 (and the continued replacement of lesser cases will just eventually add up anyway) I think it's worth it. I've had the BodyGlove case (great feel but too bulky - might use if I am traveling), and two other snap on cases; one that the tabs keep breaking and the other that doesn't have enough "grip", I'm very happy with the AGFindings GRT case for the Palm Pre/Palm Pre Plus. Keyboard slides out great.
    OK, so I went to my local Verizon Store and bought their case for my Pre+. I will give it kudos, it is more stable than the Seidio case. Also, the large hole in the back actually makes it pop onto the touchstone really nicely.

I've had it on a couple of days. I think I'm probably going to take it back. It's stayed in good shape and I kept the case/receipt. This actually is a pretty ugly case. It adds a lot of bulk to the form factor so that it loses the sleekness that the Pre+ has that makes it so much more elegant. Someone else actually commented about it too--saying, you might well have an iPhone if it's that big. It's hard to reach the door for the MicroUSB cable, as well as the power on/off button, silent switch, and volume buttons.

The AGFindings case actually looks exactly like the Verizon case, but it has more color options than the silver. The colors do help it. The fake chrome just looks cheap.
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

The VZW case sounds a lot like the sprint case.... black back and red or chrome front?

The wife and I both have the sprint case, around 8 months of use now and well worth it!!!
    From What I've seen the Verizon case and the Sprint case were both made by AGFindings. Another thread mentions that exactly. I believe the Sprint case was made earlier and the original ones only had an indention where the case was thinner for the Touchstone. The newer ones it's completely cut out.
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast