Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Do not order from Dell Mobility Store or WIREFLY.COM
    my order got canceled today dont buy from them! they GUARANTEED 4 times my order was to be shipped on 4 different times and my order got canceled today! Does the word GUARANTEE mean nothing?
    Last edited by Warblad13; 02/03/2010 at 10:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    right they cancelled mine too
  3.    #3  
    they GUARANTEED me 4 times!
    they will never get business from me again!
    9 days after i ordered i would understand 2 maybe 3 days but 9?
    Thanks for the Info. Lots of places to get accessories from, we need to shop at the ones that treat us right.
    I too ordered a Touchstone from them. My order has still been processing for over a week. I called the day after it was supposed to arrive and was assured my order being expedited. It didn't arrive when it was supposed to several days later. So, after another call I was again told my order was on it's way. I call A THIRD TIME and was then told that my ordered has been canceled due to 'end of life, no stock' or something like that. Long story short, they wasted my time. Lying snakes. Dell has lost my business forever.
  6.    #6  
    is it me or the word GUARANTEE means nothing anymore?
    Until it's shipped there is no guarantee, words are words.

I had an excellent experience, they shipped mine next day and I got it a week before estimated delivery.
    It's just frustrating that I ordered it and only a week and half later, do they tell they're out of stock and that my order has been canceled. Also that I have to contact them to find out what happened to my order and they did send me an e-mail or anything like that. The seller should contact the buyer if anything changes, not the other way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Until it's shipped there is no guarantee, words are words.

I had an excellent experience, they shipped mine next day and I got it a week before estimated delivery.
    Same...got mine...but ordered before the thread got the word out there too much. I think they just sold out.
    If you want to get into the legal aspect of this - this will determine whether or not you can take legal action or threaten/demand compensation.

1) There is no legally binding contract upon placing the order and there is NO legal obligation for the company to sell the item to you even if they send you an email saying they have received and acknowledged your order. In essence, they have simply acknowledged your intent to buy from them.

2) A legally binding contract is only formed when you receive an email confirming explicitly that the company has agreed to sell the requested item to you.

So, doesn't matter how many guarantees or promises they make, until they explicitly confirm that they agree to do business with you with regard to this particular transaction, they have no obligation to sell you the product - even if you have already paid them. (Although they will be expected to return your money).

The law is very clear cut about this - if you received your second confirmation email, then you may find yourself in a position of power.

Edit: Of course there's a difference between refusing to sell you an item, and simply telling you it's out of stock and you'll have to wait - in this case they're well within their rights to postphone the transaction - they can't be expected to sell you something they've run out of.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    If you want to get into the legal aspect of this - this will determine whether or not you can take legal action or threaten/demand compensation.

1) There is no legally binding contract upon placing the order and there is NO legal obligation for the company to sell the item to you even if they send you an email saying they have received and acknowledge your order. In essence, they have simply acknowledged your intent to buy from them.

2) A legally binding contract is only formed when you receive an email confirming explicitly that the company has agreed to sell the requested item to you.

So, doesn't matter how many guarantees or promises they make, until they explicitly confirm that they agree to do business with you with regard to this particular transaction, they have no obligation to sell you the product - even if you have already paid them. (Although they will be expected to return your money).

The law is very clear cut about this - if you received your second confirmation email, then you may find yourself in a position of power.
    how about if they verbally GUARANTEE you that it is coming?
    got my two toucstones yesterday, pretty quick delivery. Sorry to hear about your order, but I'm guessing they just got a ton of orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    how about if they verbally GUARANTEE you that it is coming?
    Is a verbal contract binding in America? I don't know U.S. law thoroughly enough ... but unless you can prove it and have a recording of it then you don't have a case... sorry, I'm not trying to be an *****, just telling you how it is
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Mine had been in processing for a week, called then this morning and they said it was canceled this morning about 2am. Not doing business with them again!
    Sorry you had such a bad experience. Mine arrived yesterday which is a day earlier than the Fedex expected delivery date on the tracking site. My guess is they received more orders than they could fulfill.
  16.    #16  
    i just feel scr3w3d they got a week loan from me and i got nothing
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I'm on the same boat dude, they said the same to me. I sent them a nice "your a fvck face" email.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Dont order from WIREFLY.COM either. Especially the friends and Family site. I placed 2 orders from them on that Saturday at 8:00am EST (Before this form knew about the deal) and the cancelled my orders. I wsent a personal message to that WIREFLY person in this forum and did not hear anything back!
    I placed my order for touchstone from Dell. Then about 2 hours later I called my brother to tell him about the deal. He placed his order when he got home that day. For some reason my brother received his touchstone yesterday and I got a cancellation email from Dell on Monday. Now how can my order placed at minimum 2 hours ahead of his be cancelled and his get fulfilled. I even contacted Dell twice to ask about my order because it kept saying it was processing. I was told on both occassions, after being asked for my social security number which I did not give and asked how they got it, that my order would be expedited and how sorry they were that it was taking so long. The last guy I spoke too even told me it would be done in 24 hours. Dell has nothing but liars working for them. It is also very annoying that a large corporation like Dell has people from India working for them who send out emails that look like they were written by a 5th grader. At least be professional enough to use proper grammer so literate people can understand what is being conveyed on the first read. After reading their email responses I can now understand why they have so many issues fulfilling orders.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    My Touchstone order was cancelled yesterday also. Went to Buy.com which has multiple listings for it. This one tittled "Touchstone 3454WW Charging Cradle - 3454WW" and no picture has it at $33 with free 5-7 day shipping (which I usally receive in 1-2 days).

(Sorry, I don't have enough posts for a link)

I ordered at 5pm yesterday and it shipped at 10pm

Edit: This is just the Touchstone. The back is not included.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast