Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ryancell - Valid concern...My wallet has a magnet money clip. The magnets are definitely stronger than the TS and the phone (probably even more so than with neodynium). The money clip can anchor 6 bills in half, but 7 is a stretch...
    I have never had a credit card lose its code, but after 4-5 years, my student ID stopped scanning. I have heard that is normal. The cheap cards used for parking passes do however lose their code in a few hours. I also had a hotel key go bad after 3 days, but I had it clipped with my money.

So...I would not be concerned at all. If you have a normal bifold wallet, just put the credit cards in the middle, and you will be fine.

Has anyone replaced the magnets in the TS base? I couldn't get mine to work in the back, but if I were to ever put a TS in my car I would want it stronger. I like corners more than the stock magnets are strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbroecker View Post
    K&J I've heard is reputable. I used SuperMagnetMan.

Here's the part I used
    and here's what I recommend now.
    Man I'm so frustrated now.

There website has a problem or it's not clear to me.

How do you pay for this stuff. I selected credit card and then it errors out saying it did not get my PayPal user name and password.

So I try using PayPal method of payment, and there is no place to enter your user name and password, so of course it errors out.

If anyone purchased from these guys and did it through their website please let me know.

It's after hours and nobody answers the phone.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Yeah, I ordered the magnets from the webpage. I can't remember if I used Paypal or a credit card, that was a while ago.
    They fixed their website so my order is being shipping now.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

tinnov Can you post the URL (vs a link) of where to find the 6 x 0.7mm magnets you seem to have found
    Quote Originally Posted by iamhives View Post
    tinnov Can you post the URL (vs a link) of where to find the 6 x 0.7mm magnets you seem to have found
    I got them at supermagnets.com

Not sure what you mean by url instead of link?

Precentral's editor will turn it into a link as I have just typed in the url?

but w w w . supermagnets . com does that help you?

part number is: Disc - D1046

I ordered 8 pieces, and it came to $2.56 but the shipping was twice as much, I ordered priority.

Total: $8.456

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Has anyone tried upgrading the magnets in the touchstone?
    OK guys, tonight I installed the magnets!

It ended up being easier that I thought!

I purchased the magnets from the link provided in a message in this thread.

I purchased a total of 8 magnets, just to have extra, and because they were so cheap.

The shipping was the real cost of the magnets!

So in the end, I spent $8 (8 dollars total).

I used an X-Acto knife an just pried up the plastic backing, just a little bit. I used the knife to pry up the 'metal disks' and then just used my fingers to pull the metal disk out the rest of the way.

I discovered that it did not matter which way the magnet was installed. So no need to worry about where you put the right side towards the TS. Doesn't seem to matter.

I had some 'rubber cement' to glue the magnet down, but in the end, there was enough sticky still there from the metal disk that I didn't need any glue.

Put the back covering back and then put the TS cover back on the Pre.

That was it!

Bear in mind, in my case, I am using a modified Touchstone back cover for usage with a Naztech cover. See the thread on Naztech Energy Cell, it's holster and charger in one unit.

As far as the Pre on the Touchstone, at first, it did not seem to do anything more that the 'metal disks' that came with the Pre, but then after trying to remove the Pre from the Touchstone, I realized how well is was holding.

And now, because of my modified cover, which had been slipping off the Touchstone if I knocked it the wrong way. I have a piece of 'contact paper' to cover up some of my modifications on the cover and to make it look nicer. (see picture in Naztech thread).

Now it's holding perfectly and it also helps put it in the correct position. So when you place the Pre on the TS it actually pulls into the correct position a whole lot better.

Now I can use my 'carbon fiber' to make it look nicer than 'contact paper'.

Have not tested it out with 'credit cards' and don't plan on it.

These magnets are strong, so don't be fooled by their size!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12