Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've given up on stereo BT headsets. They work great until you sweat a little and/or throw them in your gym bag. I've now gone through 3 sets and they're just too sensitive/delicate for me.

I've since switched to some older Skulcandy erabub / isolation type earphones I have for my iPod Touch. They were something like $15 and an incredible value for their sound quality and fit. However, after about a year of use and abuse, they too are falling apart.

So now I'm looking for a replacement set and need some advice. I'd like something similar, but with a mic to use for phone calls. I've looked int he Precentral Store and honestly not really looking to spend all that much. Anyone happened to come across a cheap pair that do a good job?
    eBay Seller: 128headphones: vibe duo, Electronics items on eBay.com

Just bought the Vibe Duo for $30 and it's the real deal. (Apple.com sells these for $80 I believe)
    little known but Brookeshire's sells isolating earbuds with mic for $39.99

Brookstone
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post

Just bought the Vibe Duo for $30 and it's the real deal. (Apple.com sells these for $80 I believe)
    Cool...those are awesome. I remember seeing V-Moda's at Costco for like $70 - $80 (can't remember if those had a mic) and another BestBuy clerk also recommending them. So these are the real-deal-legit V-Moda's from this seller or knock-offs? and do they work with the Pre?
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    check out itech dynamics. You can use your own isolation earbuds with a standard 3.5 mm jack. I like the bluetooth stereo D clip radio.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Two more posts...
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    and I can post a link...
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I bought this set just before Christmas and they work great, and you can't beat the price at $5.99:

Amazon.com: High Quality Hands free 3.5mm Earphone with Microphone and On/off button for Palm Pre and Palm Pixi. Includes DBROTH Microfiber Cleaning Cloth: Electronics

I never buy the really expensive ones because I have cats. One chomp on the wire and it's dead.
    The ones that came with the pre have worked fine for me. Have you tried them? I think they come with the pre but not the pixi.
    I really like apples earbuds with the mic. Im not really too knowledgeble when it comes to sound quality but the apple buds are pretty good for answering and ending calls.
    Last edited by voodoochild; 01/30/2010 at 06:59 AM.
    if you want good sound isolation i would suggest you go for a decent pair of iem's. shure or klipsch should be a good choice. However if you're still undecided check out the head-fi forums there you will find a more definitive answer. Head-Fi.org: Headphones, iPod earphones, portable audio, MP3 players, high-end audio
    Check out noagendashow.com assassinating lamestream media!
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post

Those Vibe's look very nice. Are the left and right wires the same length (my preference)?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Thanks for linking; will definitely check that out.
    It looks like the wires to the buds are the same length. I just ordered a pair from Ebay for $30 including shipping.

Thanks,
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Amazing, for $6.01 you get these ear buds and also a screen protector and a rubber like case for the Pre. I bought this package yesterday without the earbuds, didn't see them. Don't need them, but at that price pretty good deal to have a spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    I bought this set just before Christmas and they work great, and you can't beat the price at $5.99:

Amazon.com: High Quality Hands free 3.5mm Earphone with Microphone and On/off button for Palm Pre and Palm Pixi. Includes DBROTH Microfiber Cleaning Cloth: Electronics

I never buy the really expensive ones because I have cats. One chomp on the wire and it's dead.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    $30 sounds too good not to try out, just lost my phillips noise isolation headphones. Although I see the $35 package has the carry case and ear strap thing.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    The ones that came with the pre have worked fine for me. Have you tried them? I think they come with the pre but not the pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    I really like apples earbuds with the mic. Im not really too knowledgeble when it comes to sound quality but the apple buds are pretty good for answering and ending calls.
    The regular earbud-style that comes with the Pre and the Apple iPhone do not stay in my ear for too long. They always tend to fall out.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post

Awesome!!! and thanks for the suggestion... I'll give these a try and if they don't work out for me, I'll give them to my wife for her Pre.... wouldn't feel too bad about burning $6.00.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I think those people who walk around talking to them self look like weirdos. I saw a homeless guy just the other day talking with his phone free to his invisible friend and it only cost him free99.

Really though, unless your a telemarketer, what possible reason do you really have that you cant pick your phone up and put it to your ear unless your driving?

In all seriousness, I do use Bluetooth on my car stereo while driving.
    It is a Dual built in HD and $15 BT attachment. It controls everything from the head unit, including streaming songs from my pre to my stereo with the ability to change or pause song w/o touching my pre. With all the features the Dual includes, there is no better value on the market, I have been using it for a year and a half and I am still in love with it. Also it really impresses the ladies when they hear I have an incoming call on my car phone.

Here is the link: shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=car+stereo+bluetooth+hd&_sacat=See-All-Categories
    Last edited by Tibman; 01/30/2010 at 10:01 AM.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibman View Post
    I think those people who walk around talking to them self look like weirdos. I saw a homeless guy just the other day talking with his phone free to his invisible friend and it only cost him free99.

Really though, unless your a telemarketer, what possible reason do you really have that you cant pick your phone up and put it to your ear unless your driving?

In all seriousness, I do use Bluetooth on my car stereo while driving.
    It is a Dual built in HD and $15 BT attachment. It controls everything from the head unit, including streaming songs from my pre to my stereo with the ability to change or pause song w/o touching my pre. With all the features the Dual includes, there is no better value on the market, I have been using it for a year and a half and I am still in love with it. Also it really impresses the ladies when they hear I have an incoming call on my car phone.

Here is the link: shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=car+stereo+bluetooth+hd&_sacat=See-All-Categories
    My inquiry was for using them in the gym....sorry for not stating that. However, in the car, I use a Jabra Cruiser that I picked up at Costco for $50 during the holiday sales. It gets about 1-1/2 weeks batterylife (using it for 2 hours worht of commute a day) and streams to your FM radio. Not the best audio over the radio but still great for listening to podcasts from my Pre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast