Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I use the moto S9-HDs for workouts and work and the ps3.

car got upgraded to an eclipse CD5030

I also use the regular one when my batt is dead on the S9s.
    In my opinion, the best are the Etymotic hf2.

Etymotic Research, Inc. - hf2 Headset + Earphones

Of course, they're way more expensive than it sounds like you'd want to use.

However, if you're looking for a pair to use during workouts, I honestly wouldn't recommend a good set of "isolation type earbuds" (aka canalphones / in-ear monitors) anyway. The reason for this is a lot of the isolation ones have issues with bone conduction and sometimes microphonics issues.

The former means that if you're running on a treadmill for example, each step can result in a thumping inside your head. The latter isn't an issue on all models. The old Etymotics I had had it worse than the current ones, for example. But it means that as the cable rubs against your body you get a noise.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    The ones that came with the pre have worked fine for me. Have you tried them? I think they come with the pre but not the pixi.

I bought myself and wife Pre's when they came out and in these few months both sets of earbuds have fallen apart. I'm generally happy with the function and comfort, but like i said they literally fell apart. I have a pair of V-Modas without the mic and they're expensive and find them uncomfortable ( i tried all 3 ear sizes) but the amazon link looks good, plus you can't really lose with $6.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    It looks like the wires to the buds are the same length. I just ordered a pair from Ebay for $30 including shipping.

Thanks,
    Got them today. By far the nicest pair of hybrids of have for the Pre. I have tried a few others such as:

IN-EAR HANDSFREE HEADSET HEADPHONE+MIC For 2G 3G iPHONE - eBay (item 140375562694 end time Feb-17-10 02:13:16 PST)
    and
    Amazon.com: Emerge Retractable Dual Earbud and Microphone Headset for iPhone 1G, 3G, 3G S: Cell Phones & Service

The vides have equal length left and right cables and the best build quality. Save your money and get the vibes.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Cool...those are awesome. I remember seeing V-Moda's at Costco for like $70 - $80 (can't remember if those had a mic) and another BestBuy clerk also recommending them. So these are the real-deal-legit V-Moda's from this seller or knock-offs? and do they work with the Pre?
    Just got mine the other day. They're the real deal (i had my experience with fakes, so I did my research this time)...in fact, the return address is the company's address! I guess they're using a alias on ebay so it doesn't de-value the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Those Vibe's look very nice. Are the left and right wires the same length (my preference)?
    Yes.

If anyone would like pics, let me know..but I'm very happy with these and already recommended two close friends about this seller.

Do the Vibe headphones have a volume control on the headphones?

Or

Do any in ear headphones have a volume control that works with the Pre? my volume buttons are broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruptlon View Post
    Do the Vibe headphones have a volume control on the headphones?

Or

Do any in ear headphones have a volume control that works with the Pre? my volume buttons are broken.
    - No volume control on the headset
    + small profile with just the switch
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12