1.    #1  
    Can I use any mini-usb charger to charge my Pre? My former phone used the same connection so it would be nice to not have to invest in more stuff.
    TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver27 View Post
    Can I use any mini-usb charger to charge my Pre? My former phone used the same connection so it would be nice to not have to invest in more stuff.
    TIA

Sure, in the past there has been many discussions about it. The Palm charger/usb combo users a FULL 1 amp @ 5 DC... and I believe most other chargers supply only 0.5 amp @ 5 DC.

I looked for the thread for where I bought mine online but couldn't find it. I bought a few extra cables from a discount store online and they work great.

- However, I never leave my Pre charging on a generic charging setup after it reaches 100%
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    It's a micro USB, not a mini USB. Make sure you are using the right one because trying to force the wrong plug will cause some serious damage. Any micro USB charger or a universal USB charger with a micro USB cable will charge the Pre just fine. Just be aware that if you are not using a charger that provides 1 amp it probably won't keep up if you are using your Pre while it is charging.

Just to clarify the difference between micro and mini USB, here is a pic. Mini USB in on the left and micro USB is on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Sure, in the past there has been many discussions about it. The Palm charger/usb combo users a FULL 1 amp @ 5 DC... and I believe most other chargers supply only 0.5 amp @ 5 DC.

I looked for the thread for where I bought mine online but couldn't find it. I bought a few extra cables from a discount store online and they work great.

- However, I never leave my Pre charging on a generic charging setup after it reaches 100%
    Best place to buy cables, etc. has to be Monoprice.com.
  5.    #5  
    thanks for all the responses. I have old LG chargers that should fit. It'll be nice to not have to spend another $30 on a car charger. I'll compare the ends before trying anything though.
    thanks again
    I dorrowed one from I guy I work with that was for his balck berry and it work to charge and USB connect.