Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Charge 1:
    hello everyone, just wanted to share my experience with the genaric 2250mAh extended palm pre battery from ebay.
    I have my comprehensive review on youtube and here is the link:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=lpGZkOMgPMw

If you have any questions or comments please post and I will reply asap

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charge 2:

The video is related my first full charge.
    Details about my 2nd full charge:

I decided to test exactly how long this thing could really go without charging.
    Yesterday at 7:30am I took it off the charger, it is now 2pm a day after I charged it and I still have 9% remaining!
    Yes, 30 hours after charging, it still has 9% left.

(with the oem battery, i use to have to take it off the charger at the last min before I left the door and plug it back in the second I got home, if it had not already died on me)

These were not 30.5 hours of standby,
    I have made about 15 phone calls,
    Streamed sprint tv over 3g for about two hours,
    listened to 3 hours of music with headphones,
    turned the volume to max and speaker phoned 1 hour of music,
    and various other wifi/3g downloading and internet surfing.

I do not know for sure how much longer that 9% will take it, but my guess would be I have at least 3 hours left.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Touchstone with extended batteries:

This doesn't look like a project for the pre user on a budget, but here is the link to someone who modded the touchstone backplate to work with an extended battery:

forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-accessories/218638-sucess-modded-seidio-2600-extended-battery-back-work-touchstone.html

*every time i try this, the link is broken, just copy and paste in your browser.

- If this review helped you in any way, feel free to move your mouse over the thumbs up and give a quick little click for thanks :-)
    -wow, 465 views, and my thread appears to have helped no one...
    Last edited by Tibman; 02/04/2010 at 08:30 AM. Reason: update
    link doesn't seem to work
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I just got this battery a couple of days ago. Still going through the burn-in period on it.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I tried to copy in the link from my pre, I'll fix the link tonight. Sorry, in the mean time you can goto youtube and type in : 2250mAh palm pre extended life battery from ebay
    why don't you provide a written review here and link to it from your youtube page?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    why don't you provide a written review here and link to it from your youtube page?
    The link Works now :-)
    The video shows it best.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    check out my update
    The link did work on my GSM pre
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I decided to test the limits of my new battery. I unplugged it at 7:30am, used it moderately for the entire day. Woke up the next morning to 45% battery remaining, then used it moderately the next day, until it finally died at 6pm. It died when it said it still had 5% remaining, strange. I got a total of 46.5 hours on one charge. Not standby hours, average daily use hours. Similar use to what I describe in the first post.

I think the battery is still breaking in because today I took it off again at 7:30am and it still has 61% battery remaining.

You may think I'm weird for being so excited about battery life, but for the past year with my Touch Pro I could not use wifi, bluetooth, or gps without my battery draining like a hole in a gas tank.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    is the battery compatible with the touchstone backplate? I seem to remember one of the extended batteries were not.
    Curios to know if this works on the touchstone myself. Also, I don't get why Palm didn't put a better battery on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    this seems good but why not go for the bigger 2600mAH batteries out there? if you hafta increase the phone size and null useability of cases might aswell go for largest capacity? i do however see its alot cheaper so thats a big plus i guess
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    is the battery compatible with the touchstone backplate? I seem to remember one of the extended batteries were not.
    Quote Originally Posted by JrBeezy View Post
    Curios to know if this works on the touchstone myself. Also, I don't get why Palm didn't put a better battery on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjbuf View Post
    this seems good but why not go for the bigger 2600mAH batteries out there? if you hafta increase the phone size and null useability of cases might aswell go for largest capacity? i do however see its alot cheaper so thats a big plus i guess

from what I understand about any extended battery is, any that increase the size of the case are not compatible out of the box with touchstone. However I have read an article about someone who adapted it to work with the batteries, so it is possible. I will post a link when I find it.
    Last edited by Tibman; 02/03/2010 at 09:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjbuf View Post
    if the price was better with the 2600 mah, I would jave jumped on it. I just could not believe that for 350 more mah you pay three times the price.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    This is my 10th post, so now I can post links!!
    smavstore? Lol I got my 2250 mah from him...and I bought my wife one as well..we are very happy wit battery life..I actually feel comfortable wit leavin the house wit 40 percent left...can't beat the price for the amount of battery life
    Nevermind the video answers me
    When are they going to make an extended battery and cover that we can use on our Touchstone Chargers? Anybody listening out there?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    When are they going to make an extended battery and cover that we can use on our Touchstone Chargers? Anybody listening out there?
    i like the touchstone for the wow appeal but I use my phone while it is on the charger which is something you can only do if you plug it in.
    Besides, it should have come with it like th pre plus.
    I hope a new generation comes out soon like a palm pre 2 for sprint.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    it should be mentioned that the backcover somewhat interferes with taking pictures. This particular ebay model leaves a shadowy halo around pics.
    I have seen different extended back cover designs that try to solve this problem but the back covers end up looking awkward.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast