1.    #1  
    Does anyone know whether it's possible to be paired with more than one device at a time?

When I'm in my car (08 Acura TL) my phone pairs with it fine. Unfortunately, while that TL model does support hands-free calling, it does not support playing music through the stereo over bluetooth. It does have a 3.5mm jack I've been using for that, which has been fine. However, recently I ran into the problem described here where my phone thinks there's something plugged into the 3.5mm jack at all times (even when there's not). This is likely due to sub-par hardware in/around the jack and just normal wear + tear from a lot of use (I listen to Pandora in my car to/from work every day). The result of this is that I have to be on speaker or bluetooth when on a call or I can't hear the other end of the call and they can't hear me.

So, what I'd like to do is get a bluetooth audio adapter, like this, which would grab the audio over bluetooth and transfer it to my car's 3.5mm slot without me having to constantly plug/unplug the cable directly into my phone.

But if I did that, I want to make sure that I can also still be paired with my car at the same time for hands-free calling.

Thoughts/suggestions?
    Last edited by killersiafu; 01/28/2010 at 12:52 PM.
    killerSiafu
    As far as I'm aware bluetooth protocol doesn't support multiple client connections - in other words, I'm afraid it's impossible.
    Actually, it is possible - on my laptop running Windows 7, I have my Bluetooth mouse running with my Bluetooth stereo headphones/headset at the same time.

However, as far as the Pre is concerned, I don't think it is currently possible.
    I stand corrected
    The Pre' will do audio connections to a single device at a time. There are some devices that support A2DP and Hands Free that you can connect to your car kit. That would solve your problem.
    I am having the same problem. How did you get your phone to work again? I have tried restarting it and have search every where but I can't get it to work in regular hand set mode. I can't hear the caller and they can't hear me plus the screen doesn't turn off when you put it up to ur ear
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    @OP,
    I can tell you that I'm able to have a BT-tethered Pre and have it play music via BT to a BlackBerry Stereo Gateway. However those are two separate BT profiles (data via PAN vs music via A2DP). I have not been able to corroborate if the Pre can bind a device for A2DP and while simultaneously binding another device for HFP/HSP services. My car likes to "kick off" by A2DP devices off the Pre when it powers up, and is persistent enough to come back and re-kick them off should I force my A2DP device onto the Pre, so I'm in your same predicament.
    FWIW, I also had the same issue with the phone thinking is had a headset plugged in not too long ago and Sprint replaced it --no questions asked, no deductible-- earlier this year when I brought the phone into the repair center for analysis/repair. In my case I take the phone along with me on exercise runs to listen to podcasts (drPodder FTW!) so the usage pattern is similar (daily plug/unplug) of the headphone jack.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Has anyone come across any updates/work arounds on this issue? Specifically being – I have my device paired w/ both a Blackberry Stereo Gateway, and the stock car kit of my vehicle. While they each work well, it is just that either or, not both.

Has anyone found a way to have both profiles active? I know that it works fine with the HTC Hero & Desire, but our Palm Pre’s are not (as far as I know) able to have two active profiles working simultaneously.
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money