1.    #1  
    I want to buy a new case for my pre but I can't decide which kind to get. I had a hard case for my palm pre and it seemed to leave little scratches on my phone. I also had a soft one and It was loose and wouldn't stay on. So please help.
    I can only speak from my personal experience, but I recently switched from a soft case to a hard case. I had been using the felt pouch that came standard with the Pre, and it worked fine for me. The only problem was that it was a little hard to pull it out of my pocket.

Just for the heck of it, I recently got the Smartphone Experts Ultra Slim Pocket Pouch (see URL below), to see if I liked that style of case better. It's a leather case, so it's "hard" in relation to the felt pouch, but obviously not as hard as a plastic case.

The pull-tab for getting the phone out of the case is a clever design, but it took me a little while to figure out the best way to use it. I have found that this case definitely makes it easier to keep the phone in my pocket: It takes up less space than the felt pouch, and it's easier to get it in & out of a pocket.

There are other styles of hard case available in the online store; I suggest you read some of the user reviews first before you commit to one design over the other.

Edited to add: The case has not scratched my phone, but it does sometimes leave little smudges or residue, which I wipe off. The felt case was better in this respect -- no smudges at all.

Here's the URL for the case I bought (stupid forum won't let me post links):

store.precentral.net/smartphone-experts-ultra-slim-pocket-pouch/4A132A5729.htm
    personally I am using the sprint hard case with a generic cheap case made for a blackberry iirc. This has worked well for me, in general I like the sprint case for all the reasons you can find posted and the "soft" case fits the phone with the sprint case on it but protects my screen since my phone ends up in the same pocket as my keys. The wife just uses the sprint case, but her purse is safer than my pocket.
    I'm using the Sprint hard case and a T-Mobile microfiber pouch. The hard case is great. Carrying it in the pouch keeps it free from lint. The pouch is only $7 at T-Mobile stores. It's a good combo.