1. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Do you guys know of any extended batteries that does not require a separate back cover? Id like to use the touch stone and I really do not want a thicker pre.

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks
    Mugen 1400 battery, $31 shipped. Only one thing though, they only except PayPal. I am using one right now and am really pleased with it.
  3. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    ^
    How is it? How long does it last you?

Any other options?

Does Touchstone work fine with it?
    Well, mine can go 2 days, but I have the powersaving Smartreflex 500 patch running on mine, but it is supposed to give you an additional 2 hours over the stock battery and yes it fits fine with my TS back cover and no powering off issues when I open and close the slider.
    The precentral.net store sells and extended battery, check it out and read the reviews:

http://store.precentral.net/seidio-i.../8A37A5644.htm

Good luck!
  5. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    ^
    Thanks a lot.

I am just confused if I should purchase it or not, considering the fact that I have still not received my Pre. I am contemplating if I should make the jump.

Does this battery negatively effect the device in anyway? Id love to hear what you have to say about it. I've read that it gives your device reboots and what not. I am paying quite a lot for the Pre and I do not want it to give me any hard times.

Thanks.
    Maybe you missed it in my reply, no the Mugen 1400 does not cause any reboots when opening and closing the slider keyboard.
  7. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    According to a Palm technician, It would void my warranty,

Any insight?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I got a Seidio Innocell Extended Battery (I think 1350) on eBay for $28. Charged easily and fits nicely--I do NOT want another thick phone, thank you very much. Just got the Pre today, so can't comment on battery life yet. I'll check in tomorrow!
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
    I ended up getting one of the unit that can charge the Pre or any other USB device. This way I didn't have to invest in a extra expensive battery for the Pre.

Now I have something that can work on a variety of devices.

The purchased 3 different units to compare them. The one I like so far, is a AA battery charger.

So you have a battery charger to charge up to 4 AA batteries, but then you use that device to charge up your Pre!

And in a pinch, I can just purchase a couple of cheap AA batteries and charge up my Pre.

The other unit was a solar charger and the 3rd was just a internal none removal battery that you charge up and then charge your Pre.

I said charge your Pre, but these devices can charge your Bluetooth headset, or any thing that gets power from a USB port.

Most of these units come with the necessary USB adapters.

And the cost!

Not one of them was more than $20.

The cheapest was $9, thats right just $9 bucks.

That's a lot cheaper than a $40 battery and then you will need a charger to charge that external battery. When I added it up, I was up to $75 to go that method.

Now I have only spent $20, OK I spent a little because I purchased 3 different units to try out.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

10. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    ^
    Could you provide links where you purchased the one you like from?

Does anybody else know if an extended battery would void my warranty with Palm Germany?

If I do need a repair service and simply install my stock battery, would they be able to find out I used a 3rd party battery and refuse to service?

Thanks.
    This is the unit I like the best and have tested it out already:

Tekkeon TekCharge MP1550 Battery Charger - MP1550 - Buy.com

Here is one that I'm still waiting to arrive:

Motorola P790 Portable Cell Phone Charger : 89174N - Buy.com

You need the usb converter adapter with this and here is the link for that piece:

Motorola SKN6252A EMU / MU Micro USB Adapter - SKN6252A - Buy.com

Here is the link to the Solar Charger, but read the reviews first, this is probably the worst of the bunch:

Amazon.com: Lenmar PPUS20 PowerPort Solar Charger & External Portable Lithium Ion Battery for Cell Phone/iPhone 3G/MP3/USB Charging Cable/Device Tip Adapters: Electronics

They make did flavors of this anyway, some more powerful without the solar.

Rob

PS This stuff is sold at a lot of places, so this might not be the best pricing, it was more money on PreCentral's Store and Fommy's website. So double check all prices and shipping charges.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

are there any touchstone covers that are not made by palm?
    There are compatible covers that work with the touchstone. Check out the websites that sell stuff for the Pre.

Example: Precentral (right here) the Store. Look for the cases and it will say if it's Touchstone compatible or not. Most are not, but there are a few!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3