Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I would like to get a car mount for my pre. Precentral store doesn't seem to have any, so I did some googleing. I found this mountguys site with a few options.

mountguys.com/product_p/sm223-pre.htm
    mountguys.com/product_p/sm221-pre.htm

I may get one of these. Has anyone used their products before?
    Looks like those side holders might cover the pre's side charger port?
  3.    #3  
    good point about the charger slot. Wha about good solutions? Has anyone found anything that is effective? I'd like to not drill my dash, so cup or vent mounts are probably best.
    From the look of the pics, they are using the same Arkon universal mount I have. Served me well for the Treo 650, Treo 755p, and the (don't kill me) iphone 3g.

With the Palm Pre however, you have to be VERY careful not to squeeze the arms too tight. I can see a wavy "dent" on my display when on an all white screen. I wouldn't recommend this for pre's because you will find yourself doubting how secure your device is if you don't squeeze too hard.
    I'm BACK!!!
    Treo 650 -> Treo 755p-> iPhone 3g -> Palm Pre
    still not recommending, but just an FYI:

The port IS covered, but you can always raise the Pre so the port lands right on the curvature of the right arm of the holder.
    I'm BACK!!!
    Treo 650 -> Treo 755p-> iPhone 3g -> Palm Pre
    Looking for something like this, just bought bf a pre for VDay and he will be using Sprint Nav a lot. Looks like some of these are a little flimsy though..

Anyone have/try a proclip?
    I just purchased a ProClip for my F150 2 weeks ago.... best money ever spent! Really solid mount, easy to use and now my Pre stays charged all the time in the car... Awesome mounts, kinda pricey... but awesome!
    I'm quite surprised that Palm hasn't released a Touchstone recharger/car kit for the Pre/Pixi. With the built-in charging capability, that should be a major marketing push to distinguish Palm from other smartphones. If they have concerns about safety, it could incorporate a snap or locking mechanism to safely secure it. I'm tired of having to constantly plug/unplug my Pre when charging in the car. Ideally, it would have a "cup" form factor, to fit snuggly into the standard car cup holder. I've seen the DIY posts and pics of that concept, but would prefer a commercial version. Maybe a 3rd party manufacturer will run with this!
    http://store.precentral.net/igrip-cu.../3A78A5970.htm

I have this one, and it can either mount to the window, or to a disk that you can adhere to the car (included). It doesn't cover the charge port, and the phone can still slide while in it.
    I'm using a touchstone mounted on the center console.
    RAM-HOL-UN1 Small side clamping universal cradle - eBay (item 120350751754 end time Mar-10-10 12:10:22 PST)

with

RAM-B-201U-A 2" aluminum double-socket arm for 1" ball - eBay (item 200435711351 end time Mar-05-10 14:48:34 PST)

and

RAM-B-224 4" suction-cup mount with 1" ball Ram-Mounts - eBay (item 120350736529 end time Mar-10-10 11:45:10 PST)

Works like a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by RomanHelmet View Post
    I would like to get a car mount for my pre. Precentral store doesn't seem to have any, so I did some googleing. I found this mountguys site with a few options.

mountguys.com/product_p/sm223-pre.htm
    mountguys.com/product_p/sm221-pre.htm

I may get one of these. Has anyone used their products before?
    I've put the touchstone on my dashboard for long trips, and it's quite handy. The downside is that the magnets in it mess with my car's compass, making it always think I'm going NE. It'd be nice if/when palm came out with a touchstone specifically for cars.
    I have a couple of these:

Universal Vent Mount with Swivel Joint for SmartPhone, PDA (min 1.5" ~ max 3.75") - Mount for iPhone

Best price I've seen, seem to be built pretty solid, and the sides allow access to the USB port (although I always leave my slider open in the car so I can just touch the button to turn the screen on).
    I swear by these guys. I have a clip from my old PPC6800 and was able to use it for many devices. They make vehicle specific mounts and device specific holders and they work well in my jeep that takes quite a beating.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Version_3 View Post
    http://store.precentral.net/igrip-cu.../3A78A5970.htm

I have this one, and it can either mount to the window, or to a disk that you can adhere to the car (included). It doesn't cover the charge port, and the phone can still slide while in it.
    +1 on the iGrip...works GREAT!

The suction cup mounts SOLID.

Also, the custom cradle for the Pre fits it perfectly. There's a little half-moon cutout in the back for the speaker, no problem accessing the charging port and/or the audio port...it even holds the Pre in a way that the slider still opens and closes effortlessly.

I have factory Nav in my car but, when we take a rental car on long trips, this thing is PERFECT.
    Using a touchstone charger is the only way to drive, the first time you set it on the TS, you will say to yourself, wow, worth every penny. Check out this thread on how many different ways there is to mount a TS charger:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ures-here.html
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Using a touchstone charger is the only way to drive, the first time you set it on the TS, you will say to yourself, wow, worth every penny. Check out this thread on how many different ways there is to mount a TS charger:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ures-here.html
    +1
    I got this from ebay for less than $10 works pretty good

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    +1 on the iGrip...works GREAT!

The suction cup mounts SOLID.

Also, the custom cradle for the Pre fits it perfectly. There's a little half-moon cutout in the back for the speaker, no problem accessing the charging port and/or the audio port...it even holds the Pre in a way that the slider still opens and closes effortlessly.

I have factory Nav in my car but, when we take a rental car on long trips, this thing is PERFECT.
    Alright, I must be a complete moron. I have this mount and I CANNOT figure out how it mounts. The pre snaps in fine but the suction cup has that little tab on the side which (for me at least) means that I cannot get any suction power on any surface.

I have the sticky disc for mounting on the dash but I assume it's supposed to provide the suction base. The mount won't stick to the disc or glass or anything.

Can someone advise on the suctioning action here?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eddard1 View Post
    Alright, I must be a complete moron. I have this mount and I CANNOT figure out how it mounts. The pre snaps in fine but the suction cup has that little tab on the side which (for me at least) means that I cannot get any suction power on any surface.

I have the sticky disc for mounting on the dash but I assume it's supposed to provide the suction base. The mount won't stick to the disc or glass or anything.

Can someone advise on the suctioning action here?

Thanks
    hey eddard1

Apply a little moisture (water) to the bottom of the suctioning cup or the plastic mounting disk itself. When clamping the unit down the small amount of moisture acts as a gasket preventing air from getting between the suction cup and the plastic mounting disk.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast