Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by eddard1 View Post
    Alright, I must be a complete moron. I have this mount and I CANNOT figure out how it mounts. The pre snaps in fine but the suction cup has that little tab on the side which (for me at least) means that I cannot get any suction power on any surface.

I have the sticky disc for mounting on the dash but I assume it's supposed to provide the suction base. The mount won't stick to the disc or glass or anything.

Can someone advise on the suctioning action here?

Thanks
    See my car mounting solution

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2293058
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    mea culpa: Stephen's pix helped me understand that I am supposed to engage the push tab when suctioning. Works great now (w/o moisture)
    I like the vent mount made by iGrip. They're available in the Precentral store.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I purchased the Sprint Car Charger this weekend out of necessity, so rather than deal with trying to get a Touchstone to work I did it the cheap and easy way with a Grip-iT Mobile Car Mount from Bracketron. Now my Pre thinks it's a GPS
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I've been using the Pro-clip for a while now. It works great with the Pre and I'm still able to access the charge port.

BTW: I first got it with my Treo 650 and switched out the phone mount when I got the Centro. When I got the Pre, I was pleasantly surprised to find it also fit in the Centro mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatti20 View Post
    I just purchased a ProClip for my F150 2 weeks ago.... best money ever spent! Really solid mount, easy to use and now my Pre stays charged all the time in the car... Awesome mounts, kinda pricey... but awesome!
    You're right about pro clip... been using them for years!
    Right now I'm using a pro clip mount with a touchstone. Too cool!!!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12