Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I don't particularly like the ones with the slight orange peel texture. I am using a Best Skins Ever on my Centro which protected very well but never liked how the texture made it bumpy looking.

It looks like several options mentioned here are the same. Boxwave's skin and Pantomskinz both seem more smooth and glasslike. So, boiling it down to those two for that smoother quality, which seems to be most preferred:

Boxwave vs. Pantomskinz

Talk amongst ya'selves....

Sean
    I have some experience with screen protectors from e bay,
    with my previous palm TX and treo 680.
    So I can cannot comment on the quality from the Zagg Invisible Shield or Phantom Skinz
    but since I am Dutch therefore also cheap I ordered for my Pre two screen protectors
    One the cheapest available complete skin, so back and front cover from Gadget Schieldz
    For only $5,59 so in euro's that's only 4 Euro complete with shipping, but as I mentioned
    if you chose to go for cheap you will get cheap quality
    I put it on my touchstone cover but I do not use the front
    on the back it fits weird and is really bad in Dirt-repellent and anti-reflective.
    they also say here in Holland good quality is pricey
    so there fore I ordered my second screen protector only from 3m
    the Vikuiti DQC160 screenprotector 3M for Palm Pre!!!
    I have early experience with these on my TX and 680
    I found these are really the best!
    in Transparency, Dirt-repellent, anti-reflective, scratch-resistant!!!!
    these came at 9 Euro with shipping but only as one screen protector
    not a complete cover.
    So I would really recommend the Vikuiti DQC160 from 3M, really the Best!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    i use skinomi screen protector with a lifetime warranty.. love it and very easy to apply
    +1 The Skinomi Techskin screen protector is excellent. It's self healing and feels quite natural. I got mine on Amazon but you can check out the Pre plus version on their site.

Palm Pre Plus Screen Protector
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I went with the Boxwave after reading the old thread. Easy to apply, good looking, glare resistant and scratched within a couple weeks. It would be perfect if it had a guarantee. Buy the 3-pack.
    Visor->650->Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by drugstorecowboy View Post
    I went with the Boxwave after reading the old thread. Easy to apply, good looking, glare resistant and scratched within a couple weeks. It would be perfect if it had a guarantee. Buy the 3-pack.
    That's why I recommend the Skinomi, you don't have to worry about scratches.

The Palm Pre Screen Protector features two layers of protection. The first, topmost layer contains no unsightly "orange peel effect," while providing scratch-resistance and UV protection for anti-yellowing. The second layer is a thick, puncture resistant film to minimize damage from scrapes and dents. Unlike other Palm Pre screen protectors and skins, the TechSkin features "self-healing" technology, meaning scratches do not stay on the film, and keeps your Palm Pre looking new.

No need for a 3-pack. Mine is five months old and still looks the same as the day I put it on. It's a little more $, but worth it.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    So there have been pics posted of the Boxwave Crystal protectors but had not been able to find any of the Phantomskinz. I contacted them and they sent me a couple of pics. Thought I would add them here just for reference:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Skinomi Techskin looks like the route I'm gonna go.
    The one that I found says "lifetime replacements".
    Anybody know how that works?
    I think that since I ordered a 2800 mAh battery and case it excludes me from being able to get the fulll body protector.
    Thoughts?
    another vote for BoxWave
    Email from Phantom Skinz on them installing the skin for us:

We ask that you send us the device along with a pre paid shipping return
    label. We strongly recommend that you include insurance. When we receive the
    device, you will be sent an email asking you to log onto our website and
    place an order for the skin protector you would like installed. Once you
    have placed the order, one of our professional installers will apply the
    skin. Then we will send the phone back, and send you an email letting you
    know.

Kind of a cool offer.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Any coupon codes for Phantom Skinz?
    winter33 give you 33% off of your order from their website. I just got my phantom skinz. I ordered 2 screen only covers for my pre plus. I did not realize that they had an internet special where 1 package contains two screen covers. I now have 4 covers. I don't think I need that many, but I think will hang on to them just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    That's why I recommend the Skinomi, you don't have to worry about scratches.

The Palm Pre Screen Protector features two layers of protection. The first, topmost layer contains no unsightly "orange peel effect," while providing scratch-resistance and UV protection for anti-yellowing. The second layer is a thick, puncture resistant film to minimize damage from scrapes and dents. Unlike other Palm Pre screen protectors and skins, the TechSkin features "self-healing" technology, meaning scratches do not stay on the film, and keeps your Palm Pre looking new.

No need for a 3-pack. Mine is five months old and still looks the same as the day I put it on. It's a little more $, but worth it.
    +++

The Skinomi rocks. Worth the $10ish dollars, IMO. Lifetime warranty, too.
  14. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Another vote for Skinomi, although I haven't had tried any others. I haven't had a device that needed a protector since my original Sony Clie. (Used a Boxwave back then.)
    Last edited by GHT; 04/08/2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Added info.
    I just ordered a skinomi screen protector, hope it's good...
    Zagg very difficult to install
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t
    Go with Skinomi, you wont be disappointed.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123