Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i have "best skin ever", so far so good.

Im not really a perfectionist in this regard tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Boxwave has the best screen protectors.
    I agree, I think Boxwave is the best. Their Crystal Clear is like the protector is not there, but it protects it really well. I have been using Boxwave forever and never had a problem with a phone. Best thing, they last a long time.
    There are other threads but I like to see a new one from time to time since new products come out. Threads for accessories over a month old are stale in my opinion.

Hoping some new stuff will come out now that the device is coming to Verizon too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bswain58 View Post
    Phantom Skinz are fantastic. Right now it's 2 for 6.99 (screen protector only).
    They are coming up as 9.99 for me. Is that price a typo or is there a way to save the $3?

EDIT, nevermind. I see the "winter33" code now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    There are other threads but I like to see a new one from time to time since new products come out. Threads for accessories over a month old are stale in my opinion.

Hoping some new stuff will come out now that the device is coming to Verizon too.
    skins will perform exponentially differentially with the removal of the button area.

its true.
    I too use phanton skinz.. Best I've found
    A pre plus specific thread makes a difference when vocal members of the community aren't familiar with what's available (thereby graciously bowing out of threads in which they can contribute nothing). While the hole won't make a difference in the performance of the protector where it's actually covering the screen, that's a hole in the protection that makes a difference if I'll buy it or not.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    I originally had a Zagg shield installed at a Zagg kiosk and the guy did a crappy job. It was streaky as hell even after two weeks of drying time. Never again with those things!

I got the Seidio stick-on protector and it went on perfectly. Haven't looked back since.
    Quote Originally Posted by ****-richardson View Post
    A pre plus specific thread makes a difference when vocal members of the community aren't familiar with what's available (thereby graciously bowing out of threads in which they can contribute nothing).
    haha, so nobody should be commenting since the phone nor the protectors are out yet.

While the hole won't make a difference in the performance of the protector where it's actually covering the screen, that's a hole in the protection that makes a difference if I'll buy it or not.
    you know how much sense that makes? zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    haha, so nobody should be commenting since the phone nor the protectors are out yet.
    Pretty sure you can pre-order the screen protector from phantom skinz. You know, since I did.

you know how much sense that makes? zero.
    Not my failing.
    -Joshua
    Quote Originally Posted by adoss89 View Post
    I got a couple extreme guards off of ebay. They work great and they are only 6.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by bswain58 View Post
    Phantom Skinz are fantastic. Right now it's 2 for 6.99 (screen protector only).
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    i use skinomi screen protector with a lifetime warranty.. love it and very easy to apply
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I prefer phantom skinz myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    i got mine from amazon for 0.01 plus a couple bucks shipping. can be reused. will buy again if this one wears out.

can not see spending more on something if you dont have to. it just a piece of plastic to cover your screen that will wear out. the cheaper the better
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    I'm a major fan of the "invisible skin", it's perfectly cut out and you can really "feel" how it protects the device
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Boxwave has the best screen protectors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    + 1

I like the Phantom Skinz, and the lifetime warranty/price/etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmJ View Post
    I went with InvisibleSheild. It's a pain to put on but it looks fantastic after it cures for a couple days. Also has a lifetime warranty and can be peeled off if need be.
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    Skinomi TechSkin - Invisible Screen Protector Shield for Palm Pre - Plus LIFETIME REPLACEMENTS
    I ordered the phantom skinz - pre plus specific (no hole) and $10 for 2 with free shipping. If they're anything like the zagg I'll only need 1...
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I've used a lot of different skins and chose the Phantom Skinz for my Pre. Best...skin...evar. Follow their directions and it will install perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradley_80 View Post
    I've got the Zagg Invisible Shield. Cheap, lifetime guarantee, extremely difficult to put on (get a person to put it on at the store you buy it at; I did for 10$ - saves the hassle)
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    i have "best skin ever", so far so good.

Im not really a perfectionist in this regard tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    I agree, I think Boxwave is the best. Their Crystal Clear is like the protector is not there, but it protects it really well. I have been using Boxwave forever and never had a problem with a phone. Best thing, they last a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I too use phanton skinz.. Best I've found
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    I originally had a Zagg shield installed at a Zagg kiosk and the guy did a crappy job. It was streaky as hell even after two weeks of drying time. Never again with those things!

I got the Seidio stick-on protector and it went on perfectly. Haven't looked back since.
    bow out.

Pretty sure you can pre-order the screen protector from phantom skinz. You know, since I did.
    your argument is that the huge existing thread is irrelevant because there are new products out. the only difference being the hold covered up. all the manufacturers will do is remove a punch from their process. it won't change anything whatsoever.

Not my failing.
    it absolutely is when you're being overly wordy with your double talk.
    bow out.
    No.

your argument is that the huge existing thread is irrelevant because there are new products out. the only difference being the hold covered up. all the manufacturers will do is remove a punch from their process. it won't change anything whatsoever.
    If a mod feels it's a dup, they'll be more than happy the combine threads. Until you are one, either report the offending thread or don't.

it absolutely is when you're being overly wordy with your double talk.
    I used exactly the number of words needed to convey my idea. It was grammatically correct and contained no spelling errors. I can't be held liable for your lack of comprehension. Read more.
    -Joshua
    No.
    thats what you yourself told everyone to do.

If a mod feels it's a dup, they'll be more than happy the combine threads. Until you are one, either report the offending thread or don't.
    i was merely being helpful, unlike yourself, and letting people know that there is a wealth of existing information readily available.

I used exactly the number of words needed to convey my idea. It was grammatically correct and contained no spelling errors. I can't be held liable for your lack of comprehension. Read more.
    it was littered with cute metaphors and in no way was it comprehensible. i said nothing about grammar or spelling.
    thats what you yourself told everyone to do.
    If you stretch the meaning to ridiculousness, then maybe. Reading comprehension involves context.

i was merely being helpful, unlike yourself, and letting people know that there is a wealth of existing information readily available.
    Hardly.

edit: I should clarify. While I doubt you were trying to be helpful, my comment refers to the lack of existing information on the pre plus. Until this very thread, you yourself had no clue there was one available.

it was littered with cute metaphors and in no way was it comprehensible. i said nothing about grammar or spelling.
    There wasn't a single metaphor in it.
    Last edited by dick-richardson; 01/24/2010 at 09:48 PM.
    -Joshua
    Ghost Armor
    If you stretch the meaning to ridiculousness, then maybe. Reading comprehension involves context.
    it was the only thing you were clear about.

Hardly.

edit: I should clarify. While I doubt you were trying to be helpful, my comment refers to the lack of existing information on the pre plus. Until this very thread, you yourself had no clue there was one available.
    i was very much trying to be helpful and i very much knew there were protectors available for preorder.

i will once again ask...how will having no hole in a screen protector in any way shape or form change its function?

There wasn't a single metaphor in it.
    there certainly was.
    Are you asking about a genuine screen protector or device skin? There is a difference. A screen protector is usually anti-glare and scratch resistant cover that only applies to the screen itself. Then there are whole phone body skins that most of the posts have mentioned.

Skins are notoriously difficult to apply and of course don't add any bulk. On the downside they offer no real protection for impact absorption like a decent case would provide and tend to give you a false sense of security since you won't see any external scratches even if your internal hardware absorbed the shock. For that reason I think they are just about less than worthless.

As far as a genuine screen protector which should always be used in combo with a case, I gotta recommend Nu-Shield:

http://www.nushield.com/

http://www.nushield.com/manufacturer...turerid=Palm++

It's re-usable, meaning you can reapply it after cleaning it, and its fairly easy to custom cut it for any screen size.

Here's the discount code I got on my order and which is good for 10% off thru January- NHP09.

EDIT: After 4 months the Nu-Shield wore down and had to be replaced. I do NOT recommend.
    Last edited by foosball; 10/07/2010 at 10:40 PM.
    it was the only thing you were clear about.
    And yet you appear to have misunderstood that as well.

i was very much trying to be helpful and i very much knew there were protectors available for preorder.

i will once again ask...how will having no hole in a screen protector in any way shape or form change its function?
    Let me try and put this chronologically for you, and in simple sentences.
    OP asks for the best protector for a pre plus.
    You remark that there's already a thread that covers this.
    In the same post you remark that there isn't a pre plus screen protector yet.
    You are then proven wrong.
    In a later post, you remark that the button hole makes no difference.
    I state that a pre plus specific thread is useful.
    One reason it is useful is so that people who aren't familiar with the pre plus specific screen protectors (e.g. you), can stay out of the thread. (aside: the merits of each brand should probably go in the other thread - but I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch when discourse drifts)
    In that same post, I also point out that a screen protector with a hole would perform exactly like one without.
    I then state that the difference between a screen protector with a hole and one without a hole is....wait for it...the hole.
    I then state that I would not want to put a screen protector with a hole on my pre plus because there would be a hole in it.
    I make those three points in a complex sentence.
    Refresher #1: A complex sentence has multiple subjects and predicates.
    You make your point again that everyone in this thread is posting redundantly.
    In the same post you fail to understand the sentence and blame me for your lack of comprehension.
    I state that the members in this thread are only posting redundant information by my definition if you stretch the meaning of my previous point.
    Refresher #2: My previous point was that people who don't have anything pre plus specific to add need not contribute to this thread.
    I point out that my sentence was exactly as I intended.
    You state that the only clear understanding you have of my point (see Refresher #2) is that no one should be in this thread. (aside: If you took high school debate, this is called a straw man)
    You then state that there are metaphors in my complex sentence.
    Refresher #3: metaphor: a comparison between unlike objects. e.g. She's a brick house. - it's a '70's song if you missed it.
    You then respond with this post.

there certainly was.
    Please point them out.
    -Joshua
    Wow. What has crawled up your *****?
    How do people like the wrap around edges on the Phantom Skins? Do they ever start unfolding?

I have used Boxwave in the past with good results.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast