Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 77 of 77
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Well I know you can listen to music I have Sprint so not so sure about VZ nav.
    How are you getting 5 free phone numbers on Sprint? What plan is this? Sounded like you were on t-mobile for a second..
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVTech View Post
    OK so let me understand this? I can listen to music via the Icon and get my VZ NAV voice directions on top of the standard voice of a caller?
    Please some one spell this out for me as I'm not dropping $100 on another Jawbone if it doesn't port music and VZ NAV.
    Thanks!
    You'll probably have to sign up for the Jawbone MyTalk site and update the software with the A2DP piece, but yes, then the Icon will definitely port your audio. Not positive about Navigator since I'm on AT&T, but the music definitely works. Even tried a little experiment yesterday. I have a little Logitech speaker system next to my Touchstone. Started playing Pandora. Audio is coming through Icon. Plugged in speakers and it plays through speakers. Unplugged speakers and it switches back to Icon automatically.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  3. #63  
    The improvements alone are excellent. As long as I can use it with my phone, it's worth it.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    You'll probably have to sign up for the Jawbone MyTalk site and update the software with the A2DP piece, but yes, then the Icon will definitely port your audio. Not positive about Navigator since I'm on AT&T, but the music definitely works. Even tried a little experiment yesterday. I have a little Logitech speaker system next to my Touchstone. Started playing Pandora. Audio is coming through Icon. Plugged in speakers and it plays through speakers. Unplugged speakers and it switches back to Icon automatically.
    To answer this (a bit belated), yes, the Icon does relay Sprint Nav (and I would assume Verizon Nav) voice prompts. The only issue I've had is that the first word or two is sometimes dropped after the unit has been quiet for a period of time.
  5. #65  
    Bought the Icon today and just got done updating/customizing it. The volume is a little low but it works advertised. I'm likein it so far.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    To answer this (a bit belated), yes, the Icon does relay Sprint Nav (and I would assume Verizon Nav) voice prompts. The only issue I've had is that the first word or two is sometimes dropped after the unit has been quiet for a period of time.
    I've noticed that since installing A2DP. Sometimes it seems the connection 'goes to sleep' for lack of a better description. It seems to be related to the Icon because it does it on both my Pre Plus and my iPhone.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  7. #67  
    First time visiting this part of the forums, and thought I'd give y'all my 2 cents on the ICON:

    I've used all the Jawbones since day one. The ICON is definitely worth upgrading from the PRIME if you can afford it (overall, I did like the PRIME, though).

    *The automatic volume adjustment is great--the PRIME often blasted my ears.

    *Noise cancellation: I was under a jet taking off and the person I was talking to didn't seem to notice. But I think you have to make sure the little button thing is on your cheek.

    *LOVE the one dedicated FAVORITE phone number, i.e., all I have to do to dial my wife is push the ICON button once and I don't have to look at the phone (although I do have an awesome speed dial set up on my PRE with the Launchpoint app and the Homebrew Advanced Launcher patch!).

    *The fit is great: I found one of the earbuds with the little extension that creates a comfortable and snug fit--love not having to use the earloop!

    *It's great to have the voice announce the phone number when I'm driving so I don't have to take my eyes off the road to look at the PRE.

    *The charging and USB cord is great; also, the easy-to-use software and web page for changing voices or upgrading the software etc. is a pleasure.

    *Nice to hear other audio such as Sprint Navigation and music when needed.

    *Finally, the look of the device is great: I have a silver "THINKER" model and it matches my gray hair nicely. Understated and a touch of class.

    And, no, I don't work for Jawbone, just very happy with this device. The older I get, it seems like it's the little things that make my day (the big things? I'm getting better at letting it go, i.e., "...it's all small stuff...").

    Later...
    Last edited by Pre in MN; 08/08/2010 at 06:05 PM. Reason: forgot one thing
  8. JimHuff's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    ...
    *...

    *LOVE the one dedicated FAVORITE phone number, i.e., all I have to do to dial my wife is push the ICON button once and I don't have to look at the phone (although I do have an awesome speed dial set up on my PRE with the Launchpoint app and the Homebrew Advanced Launcher patch!)...

    *...
    ...
    I'm also a big Jawbone Icon fan, but like the Voice on the Go app. While I'm driving, I 'listen' to my emails; reply, forward and/or delete them; dictate new emails or text messages; listen to my calendar and voice dial calls to my contacts...all without touching my Pre.
    .
    .
    .
    FrankenPre2!!!
  9. #69  
    Cool! How much does all that cost you?
  10. JimHuff's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #70  
    I signed up under a $2.99/month special. I think the regular price is 5.99.
    FrankenPre2!!!
  11. #71  
    Dang, I could go for that price, but not 5.99. I'll check the web site. Do you know if there are conflicts with voicemail via an app like YouMail and the YouView app?
  12. #72  
    Jim,
    Just checked out Voice On the Go's web site. Pretty cool. They have a trial at 1/2 off for Jawbone users--is that what you're referring to with that $2.99 special or do you get that price forever?
  13. JimHuff's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Jim,
    Just checked out Voice On the Go's web site. Pretty cool. They have a trial at 1/2 off for Jawbone users--is that what you're referring to with that $2.99 special or do you get that price forever?
    Their customer service is pretty responsive. They couldn't tell me how long the special will last, but they'll hear from me if they try to take it away.

    Also, I did have a problem calling Youmail for messages, but they fixed it after I sent them an email. However, you can only listen to messages; you can't delete them or anything else requiring pressing the keyboard.

    The other limitation with voice dialing is the 100 minute monthly limit.
    FrankenPre2!!!
  14. #74  
    Been using the Voice On The Go app (VOTG) with my Pre and Jawbone ICON for a little over a week now and I thought I'd post my impressions so far because I did not find a VOTG thread in a search:

    *If you are in someone's mobile phone contact list when you call with VOTG, they get the same caller ID information as the normally do; I'm not sure what they see if you are not in their list or they are on a landline. I think they just get your phone number. However, when you send a text message, VOTG first lists the VOTG phone number and your phone number is secondary. There is a risk they won't notice who it's from, I suppose; they also won't get any photo you have linked to it etc.

    *Voicing prompts is frustrating. I suppose if you memorize all the prompts, it would be better; still, what seems like obvious prompts (when I guess them) often don't work. Not as intuitive as it should be, IMHO.

    *I don't have a need to listen to e-mails, so not much to say about it; however, I do wish it didn't default to e-mails when you first call in.

    ***One of the biggest issues is syncing Contacts and your Calendar***

    *The online Calendar sync is very buggy at this time, but VOTG says they're working on it. Right now, it must be manually synced (as do Contacts) every time you make a change on, for example, your Outlook or Google Calendar from a computer; in turn, VOTG event entries also won't be synced with your Google Calendar, for example, until you do it manually on your computer etc. The VOTG calendar also only holds the next 30 days of entries/events.
    WORKAROUND: Fortunately, you can say "Reminder" into the app and it will transcribe what you say and send you an e-mail you can use to remember to enter a task, note, or Calendar event manually.

    *The Contacts feature is buggy, too. I've had trouble with VOTG contacts not having all the data. For example, I tried to send someone an e-mail today and it told me there was no e-mail address listed, i.e., it had not been imported along with the phone numbers for some reason. As I mentioned, Contacts must be manually synced every time you change something about a contact (e.g., a new phone number) or add a new contact.

    Here's what VOTG support wrote in response to these issues:
    ***********************************************

    "We have enquired with our platform and engineering teams about future enhancements and features. There will be automatic sync to enterprise outlook client emails, calendar, contacts and possibly tasks.
    Timeframe planned is first quarter 2011."

    *****************************************

    *There's also the issues of recognizing names. Some uncommon names present a problem, but I don't know if this is unique to VOTG. Here's what VOTG support said on the issue:

    ******************************************

    "Sometimes special names are not recognized and needs to be spoken in a certain way for the system to recognize it. What I have found is to change the spelling of the first names of the person so that the system can recognize it or you can also try saying the last name only and the system will present all the names that match. Please try this and see if it works for you."

    ******************************************

    So, anyway, I haven't really used it that much. There are definite advantages to not having to take your eyes off the road, of course.....BUT:

    I have my PRE tweaked out for maximum efficiency (as far as I can tell, anyway!). For example, I have the advanced launcher patches from Homebrew as well as the Launchpoint app from the regular app catalog. I don't remember who clued me in to this set up BUT IT"S AWESOME!!

    I can swipe up to a list of "Favorite" contact icons (and apps), touch one, and it will call automatically if I don't hit SMS or e-mail instead within 3 seconds (or however long I set the timer for). I can swipe to different launch pages with, say, "Client" contacts or different app pages in either direction (right or left). This is very fast and faster than calling VOTG. Plus, the call goes into my PRE call list instead of just a listing for the VOTG number.

    Granted, calling or sending a SMS or e-mail this way requires a brief look at my phone. Therefore, I only do so when there is no traffic around or at a stoplight plus, if I got rid of VOTG, I could have one number autodialed on my ICON by just pressing the ICON's button. (In the future, I may have my new Touchstone-in-the-car set up at eye level, too.) [Please, spare me any moralizing about how I should drive. Thank you.]

    If you refuse to look at your PRE even for a second while driving and/or you need/want to make lots of calls and send lots of messages while driving, then I would think VOTG is definitely worth a try if you have an ICON or other compatible Bluetooth earphone.

    So, I think I'll cancel my VOTG. Given my tweaks, I think my best bet would be to use what I've got and trust that the new WebOS phone we will get someday will have a killer voice dialing app fully integrated.

    Of course, if anyone is sold on VOTG and sees flaws in my review, I welcome the feedback.
    Last edited by Pre in MN; 08/20/2010 at 10:28 AM. Reason: added comments
  15. #75  
    wow,very nice !
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimHuff View Post
    I'm downloading it now. Wow! It just keeps getting better.
    Do you have the A2DP firmware for jawbone icon? I have joined in jawbone.com to download, but it didn't support to jawbone icon anyway. Can you please send the A2DP firmware to me? Thank you.<email address removed by moderator per our rules>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/01/2015 at 04:31 PM.
  17. #77  
    Review: Jawbone Icon Bluetooth Headset | webOS Nation This update was made in 2010.

    If these are still being sold, I imagine they come with the update. If you bought it second hand, did the previous owner perhaps make the update. I've seen a comment the the A2DP function must be switched on. "Advanced Settings" menu?
    Jawbone Icon with Pre A2DP [Archive] - webOS Nation Forums

    This post's author, imfallen_angel is still around. Maybe try a PM?
    Best bluetooth earpiece...? Survey please!
    But it looks like the headset was upgraded, so maybe the software wasn't kept.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions