Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ya I had volume issues at first but they seem to have resolved. I am ready to dump my Q1 and bt530 on eBay. Both nice headsets but I think the icon is the winner
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Had the jawbone prime and this is better imo. For $62 from buy.com, it's a great deal and I like the customizations!
    Does prime do a2dp?
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lite blue View Post
    Does prime do a2dp?
    No it doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    This is the first dual-phone set I've seen. That right there makes it worth the money if it works.
    The technology to connect to two phones simulateosly has been around for a while. I've had my Jabra jx10 series 2 for a few years now at least.

What makes the icon cool is that it can recieve a call on a second phone while on a call on the first. Pretty cool
    Has anyone used it with a PS3 while connected to a phone yet?
    oh man this headset is insane!
    You are so right. I wish there was a preference to change to voice instead of numbers WHen I get a call through my google voice it calls the name out.
    Last edited by mamouton; 05/23/2010 at 04:45 PM.
    I have another bluetooth phone and when i answer the call it will put the Pre on hold and then unhold it when I complete the other call. Too sweet!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    This thread is going to cost me $99, and I will have to run to Best Buy tomorrow and try an Icon out. I currently have the Prime and am very happy with it. I want to try out the extra features of the Icon out. I too use the custom molded headset from Avery Sound and highly recommend it for anyone that uses BT often.
    Last edited by moe300; 05/18/2010 at 02:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moe300 View Post
    This thread is going to cost me $99, and I will have to run to Best Buy tomorrow and try an Icon out. I currently have the Prime and am very happy with it. I want to try out the extra features of the Prime out. I too use the custom molded headset from Avery Sound and highly recommend it for anyone that uses BT often.
    You won'be disappointed. I applied the A2DP update first then paired it with my Pre. Make sure the volume on your phone is up all the way then adjust the voulume on your headset. This is the best bluetooth headset on the market!
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo41 View Post
    You won'be disappointed. I applied the A2DP update first then paired it with my Pre. Make sure the volume on your phone is up all the way then adjust the voulume on your headset. This is the best bluetooth headset on the market!
    Well, I picked up the Icon. Avery sound custom earpiece fits perfectly. It's pretty sweet and the A2DP works, but I would rather listen on my stereo bt headsets. One thing that would be really cool is if we had a battery life application like it has for the Iphone. I would also love a hal9000 voice! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by sraatc17 View Post
    The technology to connect to two phones simulateosly has been around for a while. I've had my Jabra jx10 series 2 for a few years now at least.
    Easily believable. I'd just not seen it implemented like the Icon.
    What makes the icon cool is that it can recieve a call on a second phone while on a call on the first. Pretty cool
    That's ultimately the reason I bought it.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    If only this device could do its best attempt at reading the name on the incoming calls if they are someone from our contacts list.. that would truly be the icing on the cake for me.
    Ended up getting "The Catch" from Best Buy. I was originally going to get "The Hero", but I thought the girl from "The Catch" was hot, so I went with that instead . Even better, im using "The Bombshell" voice, cause its the sexiest voice out of the 3 girls voices...personally Id rather have a sexy voice talking to me telling me numbers instead of those some of those weird ones like "The Thinker". And yes, it works awesome with a Pre in regards to calling and A2DP and it fits pretty sweet.

One thing I noticed was that I had to pretty much redo the pairing after switching the voices. Other than that, its great.

Edit: Oh yeah, in case youre wondering, I was able to charge the Icon with my Pre cable/charger, and was also able to charge my Pre with the Icon charger. Im sure something in the instructions say you shouldnt do that, but it does work if anyone is interested. Now to find a way for the Touchstone to charge the Icon ill be set!
    Last edited by spascual; 05/23/2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Forgot something.
    Quote Originally Posted by moe300 View Post
    Well, I picked up the Icon. Avery sound custom earpiece fits perfectly. It's pretty sweet and the A2DP works, but I would rather listen on my stereo bt headsets. One thing that would be really cool is if we had a battery life application like it has for the Iphone. I would also love a hal9000 voice! LOL
    If you touch the button on the side it tells you the battery life and also gives you a warning when the battery is getting low.

Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    If only this device could do its best attempt at reading the name on the incoming calls if they are someone from our contacts list.. that would truly be the icing on the cake for me.
    When someone calls my google voice number it says the name instead of the number.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    If you touch the button on the side it tells you the battery life and also gives you a warning when the battery is getting low.

When someone calls my google voice number it says the name instead of the number.
    The sad part is that with Sprint we have unlimited any mobile anytime, so if I call my friends through my google voice number, I would waste my minutes! lol

Unless they fix that. I just read that it works fine with incoming calls though. (Sprint phone to GV to my Sprint phone is counted as unlimited mobile to mobile)
    I set my google voice as one of five free numbers so it is still like a free call.
    OK so let me understand this? I can listen to music via the Icon and get my VZ NAV voice directions on top of the standard voice of a caller?
    Please some one spell this out for me as I'm not dropping $100 on another Jawbone if it doesn't port music and VZ NAV.
    Thanks!

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    Well I know you can listen to music I have Sprint so not so sure about VZ nav.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast