Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Has anyone experimented with battery drain while bluetooth is on but idle vs completely off?

I have setup my wife's Pre to work with the car's bluetooth system. Want to know if I should try to get her to turn bluetooth on/off when entering/leaving the car, or if it is fine to just leave bluetooth on all the time b/c maybe it only really drains while something is actively using a BT connection?
    It has an impact that's probably measurable in the current draw listed by the battery monitor app, but I haven't really noticed a lifetime difference in day to day use. She may as well just leave it on, way easier!

(There's nothing as brilliant as getting into your vehicle and being able to use the phone without even having to touch it...)
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    It has an impact that's probably measurable in the current draw listed by the battery monitor app, but I haven't really noticed a lifetime difference in day to day use. She may as well just leave it on, way easier!

(There's nothing as brilliant as getting into your vehicle and being able to use the phone without even having to touch it...)
    Thanks for the info. It sounds like if anything, its marginal. As long as its not a noticeable drain (ie: something that causes the phone to be charged more than once per day), I probably dont care.
    You can leave it on.
    I have noticed a little difference but not enough to hurt a thing.