Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    I got my extended battery today (1350mah) it was only $13 on eBay and it was made in China, is there any difference between the one I bought and, let's say, a $50 Innocel or Amzer battery, which have the same capacity?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Chances are the cells themselves are crappy. IE: They won't last as long in terms of charge cycles.
    I bet it's fine. Can't be worse than the stock. Can you let us know how it goes for you?
    Was there shipping/handling cost with the purchase?
    Im sure its fine, too. and if not i still wouldn't mind having an emergency battery or something to keep in the car just in case.

Tell us how it works out. Im lookin' for a good battery.
    I'm using my extended battery on the train right now and I gotta say, its nice being able to turn up the screen brightness all the way just for the fun of it.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Was there shipping/handling cost with the purchase?
    The shipping was free

Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    I'm using my extended battery on the train right now and I gotta say, its nice being able to turn up the screen brightness all the way just for the fun of it.
    I have my brightness up all the way, and GPS on so I can run through the first cycle.
    the battery technology has been there for a loooooooong time, its cheap, and its fine.
    I can only find larger batteries on ebay. The ones that require a new back. Who was selling them or what did you search for?
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jurkz View Post
    I can only find larger batteries on ebay. The ones that require a new back. Who was selling them or what did you search for?
    search "palm pre 1350mah battery"
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    I'm on 100% brightness, AIM, GPS on, playing music, browsing, and texting at its down to 55% after 3 hours and it's got a good 3.5 hours of life left in it.

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    The battery died with 20% left, that's weird...
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    If it happens consistently, its because one of the cells is bad. If not, then that was some weird software issue.

I'm not trying to be an *******, but in my personal experience when it comes to batteries you definitely do get what you pay for. The cells themselves are graded by the manufacturer (of which there are only a handful in the entire world, believe it or not) depending on their performance, and price them accordingly. The best cells are purchased by the high-tier companies and cost quite a bit more than the low-tier companies who buy whatever isn't totally dead for next to nothing.

The recordable media market works the exact same way. There are only 6 or 7 plants in the world which make media, but hundreds of resellers buying from them at the quality grades they price for.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    my stock battery has done the same, and I've heard stories about "top-teir" company's batteries, such as Amzers, doing the same
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    It did it again yesterday, do NOT buy it!!!