Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    The industrial strength Velcro cost me about 4.00 dollars and the usb car charger was another 15.00...ENJOY

I did a VERY scientific test involving sharp turns and the speed bumps in my apartment complex and the connection to the touchstone seems very good.
    Last edited by hubz1124; 01/15/2010 at 12:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    sorry I am going to try and fix this right now
    Just checked it out by pasting the links in manually.

It looks great!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    *fixed
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Nice, let me guess, 2005 GTI?? I want to set that up but I would hate the cord.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDubC View Post
    Nice, let me guess, 2005 GTI?? I want to set that up but I would hate the cord.
    close, 2004
    you need to cut the velcro in a circle shape so it is hidden by the TS, it will look nicer
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksspot555 View Post
    you need to cut the velcro in a circle shape so it is hidden by the TS, it will look nicer
    good call, I will do that
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hubz1124 View Post
    close, 2004
    damnit! the stick on the 2005 says GTI huh?...lol. I had a 2005 GLI, love em vee dubs!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    looks good, i agree with cutting the velcro to match the TS circle.

i do have a couple question, 1) what engine [and what mods if any] does the car have? and how does it handle with WOT? im Curious because ive been toying with this same idea but while my car is a heavy pig it does lay down torque off the line [much to my tires dismay] and i have a heavy foot, id hate to get something like this setup, and then launch my pre into the trunk.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludacon View Post
    looks good, i agree with cutting the velcro to match the TS circle.

i do have a couple question, 1) what engine [and what mods if any] does the car have? and how does it handle with WOT? im Curious because ive been toying with this same idea but while my car is a heavy pig it does lay down torque off the line [much to my tires dismay] and i have a heavy foot, id hate to get something like this setup, and then launch my pre into the trunk.
    As far as the car goes everything is stock and it is by no means a rocket. Now, with that being said I threw about everything I could imagine at this setup in my apartment complex. Hitting speed bumps and curbs at high speeds, taking overly sharp turns and the like. I even did a few doughnuts in the snow and let me tell you, this thing is ROCK SOLID. It is not coming off.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    well i guess theres one way to find out... i really need to get one and see jsut hwo strong the magents are, and if they coudl be swapped out for something stronger, like some rare earth magnets or something along those lines.

id love to get something like this and a G meter type app for the next track/autox season
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDubC View Post
    damnit! the stick on the 2005 says GTI huh?...lol. I had a 2005 GLI, love em vee dubs!

First thing I caught was it's a VW......

To the OP, not loving the install, but it's functional and seams to fit your needs, from the looks of it you wouldn't wanna do what I would think of doing (running the USB cable behing the dash).
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    To the OP:

Is your phone able to charge with just the standard car charger and the touchstone? I thought I remember reading back (a few months ago) that some people had to run another wire from the battery to the cigarette lighter as the car charger didn't have enough juice to power the phone using the car charger/touchstone combination.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    To the OP:

Is your phone able to charge with just the standard car charger and the touchstone? I thought I remember reading back (a few months ago) that some people had to run another wire from the battery to the cigarette lighter as the car charger didn't have enough juice to power the phone using the car charger/touchstone combination.
    The phone chargers from from the TS connected to the car charger. No extra wires needed.
    That's a tight setup, maybe I should do same thing. Where is your traction control on/off button? I got a 01 1.8t jetta, stick. 180 k and still kicking strong.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    if you guys want to see pretty much all the other installs... Head over to the 'Pre Accessories' forum... There is a thread there with what people (including myself) have been doing in their cars...

Nice install bro...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    looks nice wish i could afford a touchstone let alone a car
    I've got a TS installed in my Toyota Tundra. Very stiff suspension, very jiggly ride on certain freeway segments, and the only time my Pre has left the TS is when I accidentally knocked it off there with my hand.

And, there's a whole thread of installs here
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Hey not bad... just wondering if you tried putting it anywhere else? I have an MKIV Jetta as well, and I was thinking velcro too. I really want to put it just to the right of the gauge hood, above the left center vent. The obvious problem is that the dash is curved there... didn't know if you tried anything on the curved part of the dash or just went straight for a flat surface.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast