View Poll Results: Which Extended Life Battery?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seidio Innocell 1350 Extended Battery for Palm Pre

6 15.38%
  • Seidio Innocell 2600mAh Extended Battery for Palm Pre

17 43.59%
  • Mugen Power 2800mAh Extended Battery

0 0%
  • Mugen Power 1400mAh Extended Battery

11 28.21%
  • Mugen Power 3800mAh Extended Battery

4 10.26%
  • Other (please specify in the thread!)

1 2.56%
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I am in the market for an extended life batter for my pre and want help deciding which one to use. I make frequent use of Wifi for web browsing, streaming audio. I use Bluetooth quite extensively. I do some texting, some use of GPS. I use the camera a fair amount (so I want a back that doesn't interfere with the camera). On road trips I will stream audio to my car's bluetooth stereo, sometimes for up to 6 hours, either from Ampache or from music on the USB partition when coverage is spotty or I can't get reliable EVDO. When at work I sit at my desk streaming music from Ampache to my BT headphones. Ideally I would like to make it through a day with this type of usage without having to charge. I don't mind recharging overnight. So with those scenarios, which battery would people recommend?
    I have the 3800. I'm a heavy gps & web user. With the stock battery I was charging at least twice a day, with the 3800 I can go a min of 5 days on a charge, that's with the wifi & gps always running. According to Pre thinking the 1400mah can run Pandora for 8hrs. So the 2800 or 3800 will be the way to go.

Review: Palm Pre 1400mAh Extended battery, Test Results - all things Palm Pre - PreThinking
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I will admit that I am unsure of the 3800 for myself, it may just make the phone too big. Also, from reading through the thread on that battery it seems the back had issues with the camera, but I think that was posted awhile back. Does it actually interfere with the camera?
    I have the Seidio 2600 and its will last me almost 2 days.
    but...
    I am a very heavy user of the Internet. I stream about 2hrs of internet radio a day and have 3 email accounts checking for new mail every hour. I am addicted to PreCentral and preware so I am always checking for new post and new apps.. I am a pre_ahloic so when I say always I'm not just talking once an hour. I know pitiful.......
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    I have the Seidio 2600 and its will last me almost 2 days.
    but...
    I am a very heavy user of the Internet. I stream about 2hrs of internet radio a day and have 3 email accounts checking for new mail every hour. I am addicted to PreCentral and preware so I am always checking for new post and new apps.. I am a pre_ahloic so when I say always I'm not just talking once an hour. I know pitiful.......
    There are nights I use my pre for surfing and not my laptop.

I am leaning the Seido 2600 or Mugen 2800. Recent reviews of the 2600 haven't been very good though, problems with the back, problems with the device shutting down..
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I'm eagerly waiting for one that is compatible with the touchstone. Until then, I'll continue carrying my 2 spare batteries around....
    I absolutely love the battery life I get from my Seido 2600. The extra thickness doesn't bother me and I'm still able to throw my pre into my pants pocket.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I have only have had the Seidio 2600 for a couple days but so far it is so much better than the stock battery. I have a touchstone setup with the stock battery, and while this was nice, it was just annoying to have to charge it constantly. It would be on the touchstone more than in my hand for use. The added weight and size is not bad. It actually gives it a good feel when holding for typing and what not too.

I am not sure about the remarks about it being bad, all I have heard was good except for the case which blocked the camera flash a bit in past versions. But this has been fixed and mine works perfect.

I am highly impressed so far; because I pretty much check this site, fantasy hockey, and others multiple times a day. I am pretty much addicted to it as well as Flak1969. I am actually leaving on a business trip to Italy tomorrow and ripping some movies to it now for the plane ride. I will test it pretty heavily this week I am sure.
    I have not been happy with my Seidio 1350. At first it was very tight in the batteey compartment so I had to take a paper clip and pop it out. Now after 6 months it is so loose that I had ti add a shim to keep the phone from shutting off when I close the slider. Also battery life has decreased significantly and is inconsistent. It drops from 40% to zip in 30 minutes.

I don't have any of these problems with the stock battery that came with the phone. I interchange them regularly and the stock now gets 30% or more life than the Seidio. I wouldn't buy it again.
    go on ebay...search for the seller SMAVSTORE They sell extended batteries(2250) for 19.99 free shipping..got me and my wife one..my palm pre lasts me all day..I feel comfortable leavin out without a full charge. It's a 2250 mah
    medium user here... I upgraded to the seidio 1350 and have been extremely happy so far. Even a full day of browsing, push email..gps on I come home with over 30% left.
    While I am happy with the Mugen 1400, I would definitely have purchased a larger battery if someone/anyone would have made a TS back cover that would work with a larger battery. Just not willing to give up my Touchstone chargers at home and in my car.
    I'm surprised no ones mentioned the Amazer smart cell 1400. As a medium to heavy user (watch about an hour and a half of videos, browse the web and make a few phone calls and texts), I find I can now make it through the day (7am - 11pm) whereas I used to struggle to get past 5 or 6 before.

The battery is the same size so works with the touchstone back and I carry my original battery in my briefcase incase I ever need to swop. This means I'll never run out of battery in a single day.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neoncorey View Post
    I have only have had the Seidio 2600 for a couple days but so far it is so much better than the stock battery. I have a touchstone setup with the stock battery, and while this was nice, it was just annoying to have to charge it constantly. It would be on the touchstone more than in my hand for use. The added weight and size is not bad. It actually gives it a good feel when holding for typing and what not too.

I am not sure about the remarks about it being bad, all I have heard was good except for the case which blocked the camera flash a bit in past versions. But this has been fixed and mine works perfect.

I am highly impressed so far; because I pretty much check this site, fantasy hockey, and others multiple times a day. I am pretty much addicted to it as well as Flak1969. I am actually leaving on a business trip to Italy tomorrow and ripping some movies to it now for the plane ride. I will test it pretty heavily this week I am sure.

So I am updating from my flight over here to Italy. I was able to watch 2 movies (Fast and Furious and The Hulk), play 2 games of Monopoly, other general games like Word Whirl and what not. Kept the brightness at about 57% and still had 49% of battery left when I landed. Obviously I turned on airplane mode for this all. THIS BATTERY IS AMAZING!!!
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I also have the Seido 2600. I vary in usage but for normal (my normal) I could get 2 days out of it with a small amount of desktop charging at work. I normally get Saturday and Sunday as I don't use the phone as much on the weekend - my projects list is too long

The extra thickness is a concern but it fits in my pants pocket just fine, I don't keep it in a holster. It also fits in my laptop bag when I travel.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    This is my first palm phone. The only other palm device I have ever owned was a TX. In general how often does Palm change the batteries they use? That is, if I get an extended life battery now what is my likelihood that it will be compatible with a Pre Plus (should it come to Sprint) or whatever replaces the Pre in Sprint's lineup?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    go on ebay...search for the seller SMAVSTORE They sell extended batteries(2250) for 19.99 free shipping..got me and my wife one..my palm pre lasts me all day..I feel comfortable leavin out without a full charge. It's a 2250 mah
    I actually stumbled across this one while looking on ebay.