Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    At about $30, I will certainly look into this case for my Pre.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I signed up for the email alert for the otterbox case for the palm pre and received an email yesterday that it is available. visit otterbox.com and search for palm pre. The email offered 15% off by using the code "PRE15" in the last step of the checkout process, but it said that offer is only good from 4/15/10 to 4/20/10. If anyone buys it please post a review. I've had otter box cases for other devices before and been very happy with them - i just wish they made one that was compatible with the extended battery for the pre -
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I got the email yesterday as well. I ordered one 5 mins later. I have a 1350 battery so I am not worried too much about installing a spare battery. I will have to wait and see how easy the case uninstalls. I will give a mini review when it arrives.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Got the case today, for $30 bucks it's a great little case. Very durable and all the buttons are easily accessed.

My camera sucks so I'll wait for a more polished review than what I'll give.

I order about 1 hour after I got the email and I got the item and I'm in Florida so others should be receiving their item today as well.

Good case, glad I waited...

Very durable for the money, not the defender series but good for what it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by delta7; 04/17/2010 at 10:00 AM.
    Any comment on it's bulkiness and form factor? I had a Body Glove case which did a good job of providing insurance against drops but I finally got rid of it due to the overall size it added.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Any comment on it's bulkiness and form factor? I had a Body Glove case which did a good job of providing insurance against drops but I finally got rid of it due to the overall size it added.
    I've never had the Body Glove case but this case is a little bulky and it does add on a little bit of weight.

Looking at the youtube videos of the bodyglove it seems like the otterbox is close to bulkyness or the exact same size.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I have used several Otterbox cases, 2600 series and 1920 series. These cases are going to add bulk but ffor decent fall protection it will need some layers.
    I'd have mine today if I didn't have it sent to my job. Guess i'll be waiting til Monday.
    I just got my Otter Box this morning and after installing it, I'm not that impressed. It doesn't add much bulk but the plastic feels cheap. Also it clips onto the Pre case itself, so it doesn't do anything for the Oreo Wobble. The screen protector is a simple rectangle and meant to affix just to the actual screen not the entire front surface. It's finicky to install and I wound up not using it. If you do end up using it, I'd recommend installing the case first and then do the screen protector afterwards to ensure that you line those up properly.

It is definitely not Touchstone friendly as there is substantial padding on the back case. Plus the outer plastic is not very grippy. All the ports line up nicely and the power and volume pushers, once properly aligned, have a nice feel to them. I'll keep it on a for a few weeks before making a final judgement but so far, meh, especially considering the reputation Otter has made for itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmantone View Post
    I just got my Otter Box this morning and after installing it, I'm not that impressed. It doesn't add much bulk but the plastic feels cheap. Also it clips onto the Pre case itself, so it doesn't do anything for the Oreo Wobble. The screen protector is a simple rectangle and meant to affix just to the actual screen not the entire front surface. It's finicky to install and I wound up not using it. If you do end up using it, I'd recommend installing the case first and then do the screen protector afterwards to ensure that you line those up properly.

It is definitely not Touchstone friendly as there is substantial padding on the back case. Plus the outer plastic is not very grippy. All the ports line up nicely and the power and volume pushers, once properly aligned, have a nice feel to them. I'll keep it on a for a few weeks before making a final judgement but so far, meh, especially considering the reputation Otter has made for itself.
    I'm not using the screen protector either, mainly because I couldent believe that was it. It's cheesy crap. Doesn't look like the "full face" type screen cover that was displayed on their website until very recently.
    I actually just kept my phantom skinz on it. Just had to cut off the corner tabs on the front top (which were already not sticking and hanging loose) to get the front face to clip on. It does add bulk, but what clip on case doesn't. As far as feel goes I like it. It's what you come to expect from the newer otterbox cases.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I received my Otterbox today and I like it so far. I had been using the Seido innocase. It was thinner but the tabs were so delicate they would break with normal use. The Otterbox tabs are much more robust, we shall see. I like carrying my pre in a holster. Otterbox is not making holster but the Seido holster for the innocase fits good enough. The Otterbox case is a little thicker so the spring loaded hooks don't go over the phone top completely, but it seems to hold it securely. I will report again after I have a few more days experience with the Otterbox.
    I also received my unit earlier in the week and I must admit I'm impressed. The unit fit snug...combination of hard inner shell and soft grip outter coating rocks and make the unit feel solid in hand.

The tabs are sturdy and no problems as others have referenced using generic or Seido cases. Only problem so far relates to screen protector that only cover LCD interface and avoids top speaker and lower touch gesture/sprint button. I suspect this was changed from what they previosly covering the full face now that we have Pre Plus units that remove the button.

This screan protector simply doesn't work for me and I simply kept my older screen protector in place and only used Otterbox custom engineered protector.

Still, I can easily recommend the product, it works Very Well, and is well worth every penny.

Please note, I don't own a touchstone and am unable to test this feature, but heard it does not work.

Keep up the great work Otterbox!

Sorli...
    Looks good, perhaps a bit bulky tho. Cases for slider phones are always tough.
    Yes it is slightly larger, but I like having protection and the solid grip. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I received mine today and I am impressed so far. Definitely feels like it can protect my Pre and not pop off when I drop it 2 feet. After going through about 5 Seidio cases due to tabs snapping off, I figured it was time for a change. The case does add some bulk, but that doesn't bother me too much. I don't think it feels cheap...I actually think it feels like better quality than the Seidio case...mainly because the Seidio case is very thin and flimsy.

I did not use the provided screen protector. I just kept my Skinomi protector on and it fits just fine.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Had the Otter Box case for about a week. I must say They did it again another great palm case. My pre plus fell out of my lap this morning bounced off my trucks step-up and hit the road, the fall was about 3 feet! solid as a rock and no damage or scratches. Had that been my Seidio or rocketfish cases which pop apart when they hit the carpet, it would have shattered. Note: the only flaw I found was when the micro-USB cable is plugged in it snags the bottom part of the case when when opening to use the keyboard.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    For those of you considering this case, I cannot recommend it enough. The best way to describe is that it makes the Pre seem as if it is a great piece of hardware and not made out of cheap plastic. With this case, I actually think the Pre could be dropped and keep on going. Otterbox has a winner with this case - if you are not using Touchstone.

Forget the front screen protector though - it's a joke.
    I have this case on my pre! OH BOY is it amazing! Its really durable and tough. I love it. I have a tendency to use up a battery pretty quickly so I have a few spares charged up and I have a hard time taking the case off the first few times. Now I got it pretty good. But that's what I like, having a hard time taking off the case because I know its going to protect my phone. The only concern is that when I was trying to take it off, it seemed like my phone would break into two pieces because of how strong it held. But i love it!
    -- Alexis Segura

**Check out my theme Suave on Prethemer.com**
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    I have this case on my pre! OH BOY is it amazing! Its really durable and tough. I love it. I have a tendency to use up a battery pretty quickly so I have a few spares charged up and I have a hard time taking the case off the first few times. Now I got it pretty good. But that's what I like, having a hard time taking off the case because I know its going to protect my phone. The only concern is that when I was trying to take it off, it seemed like my phone would break into two pieces because of how strong it held. But i love it!
    So what's the secret in taking the case off? I came away with the same feeling as you, thinking I'd snap the Pre in half. Attempting to take off the front cover, the screen image starts to distort from the flex.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast