Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Some people have no problems with the Seidio Innocase Surface + Touchstone; after all it is advertised as working with the Touchstone. Then there is my wife, whose Pre will begin charging then just randomly stop. Maybe there is a slight gap in her case; maybe the moon's gravitational pull is being mean... who knows.

Well for those with my wife's problem that like the Seidio case and have problems charging; I drank my morning coffee and had an epiphany: Sandwich a lame refrigerator magnet in between the Palm Touchstone back and the Seidio. BAM; her problem is now resolved. YMMV, but wanted to share with the community. My apologies if this has been posted already. And for the people who claim "pics or it didn't happen". Here you go.

i think some people have also transferred the four magnets from the Touchstone back to the Seidio back.

Nice work.
    can you post a step by step on how you did this? what kind of magnet? any type? lol very curious and good work
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I just took one of those average fridge magnets that you receive in the mail from local businesses (sometimes they are fixed to a new phone book) and just cut it small enough to sit in between both covers and still allowing the cover to snap on completly.

The Touchstone's sweet spot seems to be just a notch above the Palm logo on the back of the Pre if that helps. No tape or glue needed, the two covers sandwich the magnet and keep it in place.

Hope this helps. I tried her Pre with the 3 Touchstones we have in the house and it behaved the same on all so it wasn't a faulty TS. My naked Pre works on all 3 flawlessly.

Good luck!
    I'm going to try this! I HATE waking up with 60% battery!
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    does this give the phone the same grip on the touchstone as without the case curious because I use a touchstone in my car.
    late night---a question. I am contemplating the innocase, and i want to know how snug it fits. I bought a cheap one and both halves just sit there on the phone. If I flip it over, they fall. Does it grip/hug the phone very well? Is it on tight?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    late night---a question. I am contemplating the innocase, and i want to know how snug it fits. I bought a cheap one and both halves just sit there on the phone. If I flip it over, they fall. Does it grip/hug the phone very well? Is it on tight?

thanks
    yes it fits VERY well. It sorta hugs each half of the phone with 4 little clips per half
    so my dad is worried that this will erase my hard drive. Should I be wary of these magnets?
    the touchstone cases have magnets already so i am sure it will be fine. i cant seem to find out what type of hard drive is in the pre. magnets do affect hard drives like in a pc but those fridge magnets like he has shown are not very strong.
    The amount of magnetic force you would need to affect the flash memory in the Pre is astronomical. Even the most powerful magnets available commercially won't do it, a regular fridge magnet certainly won't. ha

I have been thinking about getting a touchstone and a case like this, if i do, I'll be trying this. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    thanks, I've been plagued with same problem and I am tired of popping off the back of the seidio case each night!
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Sorry, I tend to check the fourms on my Pre so my topics get buried and I usually forget about them, hehe.

The case is very snug. It snaps on, the back is a beast the front makes me worried if I removed it too many times it would break. But no issues yet! (aside from spotty TS charging).

Also, magnets affect magnetic storage like traditional hard drives in a computer. The Pre uses Flash RAM, which is not affected by the every day magnets we interact with. In fact the TS back has a nice strong magnet in it already!
    Aww, too bad. I ditched my seidio case and opted for no case at all, and it works great with my touchstone now
    late nite and chaos--thanks. I should have asked this first, but I think the pics answer me. You both have the hard-shelled innocase, right? Not the rubber one. I want to get that one, and I want to know how snug IT fits.